Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/6/2016 1:19:06 PM EDT
Fixed sights like the original LCP (rather than removable/adjustable like the custom)
Looks like different magazines, so no backwards compatibility.

Has a new trigger guard shape and stippling?

Anyone know about these yet?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I LOVE my original LCP, great little pocket gun.  Wish I could get this one
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Grip area looks funky.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife's is a first gen.  This one looks like it would go a long way to fixing most of the complaints.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the trigger and new sights, but a Custom has the same thing for only $230.00.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought ruger's video said this LCP II was compatible with first generation magazines....
Just not the extended magazines (from what they stated)
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Sites not replaceable?  Other than that,
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#7]
My LCP was one of the few guns I've ever sold.  Hated the stupid-long two-click trigger reset.  Have to admit, I'm intrigued.  Will have to fondle one at my LGS.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Below is a note from the description page on the Ruger LCP II webpage.

"Note: Six-round LCP® magazines are compatible with the LCP® II, but will not activate the last round hold-open feature of the LCP® II. Seven-round LCP® magazines are NOT compatible with the LCP® II."

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Weighs 1oz more than the original LCP, but has slide lock on empty mag.

Interested to see how the trigger turns out.

Sights look to be an improvement. Although the later LCPs had better sites than the original.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got my name on one.  Range report and a few pics ASAP!
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#11]
LC9s type trigger.  Better grips, slide lock on last round and improved sights. It looks like a winner.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be interested if they'd made it striker fired...
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LC9s type trigger.  Better grips, slide lock on last round and improved sights. It looks like a winner.
View Quote

A Glock trigger dongle for a safety on a condition 1 Single Action.  No Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That long heavy pull on the original was a safety feature on the original
i honestly shoot it well.  love it....
its a really accurate gun if you learn to work the trigger.
the one thing i hated was the terrible reset with that false catch that feels like a reset.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I take it you don't like The LC9s Pro, Glocks, M&P's, Shield. Etc.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Grab a gun has them for $299 in stock.  No affiliation, just on their email list.  I am on the fence.  I just bought the wife a custom.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Ruger is really stepping up their game.
My dad has the lcp and j don't like it. This thing looks a lot better though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Got one on Gunbroker for $288 delivered.  Great deal.  Can't wait to try it out. The original LCP is one of my favorite carry guns.  Definitely a true pocket pistol
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got one on Gunbroker for $288 delivered.  Great deal.  Can't wait to try it out. The original LCP is one of my favorite carry guns.  Definitely a true pocket pistol
View Quote

Me too! I've always liked the original and this one looks sweet too!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cant wait to hear a review hopefully... Will be buying this or an LCP Custom before months end
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Cant wait to hear a review hopefully... Will be buying this or an LCP Custom before months end
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will. Should be getting it later this week.  Shooting it Friday.

I also looked at the custom LCP.  The only difference I could see was the trigger made from aluminum but the same pull and the sights were larger.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I also looked at the custom LCP.  The only difference I could see was the trigger made from aluminum but the same pull and the sights were larger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you shot the original LCP before? Just want to know for comparison sake.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Its a pocket belly gun meant for phone biith distance gun fights. I find it funny that folks need sights on these guns.

My original LCP is fine for its intended purpose. It is a 2am Stop 'N Rob gym shorts gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Its a pocket belly gun meant for phone biith distance gun fights. I find it funny that folks need sights on these guns.

My original LCP is fine for its intended purpose. It is a 2am Stop 'N Rob gym shorts gun.
View Quote

Some of us like sights on them as we have to do 15 yard qualifications.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I might have to look at getting one of these to replace the original I have. Look's a little heavier, but also looks like that extra weight is worth it.

Quoted:

View Quote

Extactly! I have an original LCP and like the fact that the milled in sights are so minimal. It's something you don't have to worry about snagging on clothing if you're actually "deep" carrying it. I often carry mine in my back pocket for instance. For what it's intended for, it's perfectly fine this way IMO. It's not for range use and it's not for making 30 yard shots.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait.... you actually use the sight to qual?

Hell, it's the FDLE mandated course of fire.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I might have to look at getting one of these to replace the original I have. Look's a little heavier, but also looks like that extra weight is worth it.
Extactly! I have an original LCP and like the fact that the milled in sights are so minimal. It's something you don't have to worry about snagging on clothing if you're actually "deep" carrying it. I often carry mine in my back pocket for instance. For what it's intended for, it's perfectly fine this way IMO. It's not for range use and it's not for making 30 yard shots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Before my LCP I carried a Gen 1 Kel-Tec P32 and before that it was a LW Seecamp .32. The Seecamp doesn't even have sights.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the 15 and 25, yes. Would I ever use a 380 that far in real life, hell no.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes,  I have an original ( the one recalled) and the later model with slightly better sights. Can't wait to try this one.  Looks like a mini LC9s pro
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#32]
costs as much as far better guns IMO.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
costs as much as far better guns IMO.
View Quote

Such as?

Remember that Ruger always has a high MSRP. I think the idea is so people will think they're getting a deal when they see MSRP and then see the gun for less at the local dealer.

Anyway, the LCP II should be pretty easy to find for under $300 without too much effort.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Still waiting for the better options than this for the same money...

Let me guess...Shield?  Nope.  Not the same kind of gun.  Not a pocket gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I bought one off of Funbroker for $269 which tells you that they will probably settle in at the sub - $250 mark once inventory starts arriving at the major retailers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like a good competitor against the M&P Bodyguard.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"Note: Six-round LCP® magazines are compatible with the LCP® II, but will not activate the last round hold-open feature of the LCP® II. Seven-round LCP® magazines are NOT compatible with the LCP® II."

View Quote

That is a big negative.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is a big negative.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a big negative.  

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I so would buy one in 32
View Quote
But they'll never make it in .32 Auto.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I so would buy one in 32

Why would they want to?

Unless the pistol can be scaled down to accommodate the smaller cartridge I don't really see any advantage to the .32 over the .380 except maybe gaining an extra round in the magazine.

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone pick one of these up yet or see one at their LGS? Not sure if I should pick up the Custom or go with the LCPII
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Just picked one up at a local shop.  They had the best price in town, $279, just a little over $300 out the door (called 5 local shops, prices ranged from $279 to $325...MSRP is $349).  I owned an original LCP years ago, and I always thought it was a competent little pocket pistol.  Much more refined than a Kel Tec P3AT, but slightly larger dimensions. The new LCP-II is an ounce heavier (10.6oz vs 9.6oz Gen1), and slightly taller (3.71" vs 3.60" Gen1), but the differences are worth it, IMO.  

Vastly improved sights over the gen1 LCP.  They are milled into the slide (so they are not replaceable), but this is a pocket pistol for deep concealed carry with target engagement under 15 yards, and not an Olympic style bulls-eye pistol.  They are black front/rear, with horizontal serrations to reduce glare...nothing a little fluorescent paint couldn't fix if it really mattered to you.

The slide is vastly improved.  It looks thicker, but it isn't...0.75" vs 0.83" Gen1.  It is more squared in design, with the corners beveled to reduce snagging. Best part is the improved slide serrations, FRONT and rear. My biggest gripe with the original LCP was that the slide serrations...they weren't near deep enough (or spaced far enough apart) to get a good purchase while racking the slide.  The LCP-II's slide serrations are great!  And now with the reduced spring weight, the slide is even easier to rack, regardless of your gender/age/hand strength.  Lastly, there is a nice loaded-chamber view port so you can see if it's loaded without having to cycle the slide...but don't let that stop you from using the front slide serrations to look cool doing a pressure check.

Loaded chamber indicator;

The trigger has a long-ish travel before hitting the release point (a little more than 0.5"), and then it is about 4-5lbs and 3/8" travel to break the trigger...reasonable and expected. It is single-action, and it takes the same 3/8" travel to reset.  There is no double-strike ability, short of manually cycling the slide.  

Full extension of trigger;

Trigger pre-travel, to the point where it will fire...this is also the point where the trigger resets after being fired;

Trigger pulled to rear, round has been fired;

Yes, it has a "Glock-style" trigger safety, and is single action.  "Oh my stars, that is so unsafe...I'll never put that in my pocket!"  Cool story, bro...this gun isn't for you.  There are these cool things called 'holsters' that work pretty well. And if you aren't capable of safely handling a firearm, don't buy one.  Move along.

The grip is improved as well. I didn't think the gen1 LCP has any grip issues....but then I handled the LCP-II.  The new texture and enlarged/wider palm area really make the gun stick in your hand.  The texture is well placed, and not too rough...it's just right. Front strap, back strap, and sides...all share the same texture.  

The magazine release is large enough to get too easily, but not too large as to get in the way.  Empty magazines release with authority, and drop free immediately.  Also, an empty magazine will engage the slide stop on the last round, which is nice.  There is some backwards compatibility with the LCP Gen1 magazines, but only the 6-round mags will work...but then the last-round hold open won't.  Not a major issue, just buy the correct magazine...or don't care if the slide locks back. Either way, it is by no means a deal breaker.  Oh, and the slide lock button is so much easier to engage/release than the previous LCP, and takes little effort to release once a fresh mag is inserted...if you are one of those people that insist on using it incorrectly. It's called a slide lock, not a slide release.

The LCP-II disassembles just like the LCP Gen1, so I won't go into that...other to say that is the only part of the gun I don't like.  I'm not a huge fan of having to pry out a pin using a flat head screwdriver, but it is what it is.

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got back from the range.  The gun shoots very well.  It's a little snappy, but it is a small pocket pistol...the recoil was expected and very controllable.  I definitely would recommend only using the mag with the finger extension, the extra leverage is needed to keep the gun securely in hand.

Hornady Critical Defense 90gr. 6 rounds @ 25 feet, slow fire;

Hornady Critical Defense 90gr. 6 rounds @ 50feet, slow fire;

I am very pleased with the pistol, it is a great improvement over the previous models.  I prefer the LCP-II over the LCP Custom.  The Custom may have a shinny red trigger and larger sights, but I feel like the sights on the Custom model may snag on clothing easily.  With the improved slide profile, trigger, grip texture and design, the LCP-II is a great little pocket pistol.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the write up and excellent review!!! Ill be calling around today to see if I can find one in my AO!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yes, it is striker fired.

View Quote

Que? Ruger says it's hammer fired.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is striker fired.

Yes.  Single action hammer fired.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Well just stopped by my LGS and picked up an LCPII myself. $279 which seems to be the going price and cheapest in my AO. Stripped it when I got home and damn was the barrel dirty. So its all cleaned up. Hopefully going to stop by the range this weekend and test it out!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Why would they want to?

Unless the pistol can be scaled down to accommodate the smaller cartridge I don't really see any advantage to the .32 over the .380 except maybe gaining an extra round in the magazine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I so would buy one in 32

Why would they want to?

My P32 and LW Seecamp are sweet little pocket guns. Comfortable to shoot and carry. .32 ACP isn't something to sneeze at for a deep concealment gun. Less recoil and faster followup shots.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Picked up my LCP II today.  I like what I see here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top