Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2016 9:36:12 PM EDT
About to get a 22/45 Lite, threaded barrel, green anodized version for suppressor use, a Spectre II. What are some must have mods? The trigger wasn't too bad, I can bear it for now. Definitely want to get rid of the magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator. Are there any kits or sources where I can get everything all at once? Is there anything special i need to do prior to shooting besides a cleaning and lube? Thanks.

Also, is there any ammo to avoid? Such as hyper velocity or very low suppressor velocity ammo?

Cross posted in rimfire handguns.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 22/45, not the Lite model.  Also a Spectre II.  I did those nods using parts from TandemKross.  Have also done a friends and my MKIII Hunter, well worth it.  Have not shot any high velocity, but functioning with and without suppressor was perfect with CCI Standard and GemTec ammo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Volquartsen sear is just about the best $25 I've ever spent.   You don't need the whole accurizing kit.  My Lite just has the Volquartsen sear, Mk II bushing, and Dawson fiber optic front sight.  There are a bunch of places that sell a variety of parts:  Midway, Brownells, EABCO, rimfiresports.com

I don't shoot suppressed, but CCI Blazer is the bulk ammo that shoots best out of mine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Volquartsen sear is just about the best $25 I've ever spent.   You don't need the whole accurizing kit.  My Lite just has the Volquartsen sear, Mk II bushing, and Dawson fiber optic front sight.  There are a bunch of places that sell a variety of parts:  Midway, Brownells, EABCO, rimfiresports.com

I don't shoot suppressed, but CCI Blazer is the bulk ammo that shoots best out of mine.
View Quote

I second the volquartesen sear, also TC Kane Wolfe, TC Bushing and and LCI... i
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I just replaced the magazine disconnect.....people spend a lot on time, effort and money on triggers, but realistically the more you shoot the gun, the more you learn the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input. I'll start with the magazine disconnect and LCI for now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just replaced the magazine disconnect.....people spend a lot on time, effort and money on triggers, but realistically the more you shoot the gun, the more you learn the trigger.
View Quote

While I agree with this for carry and defensive guns the MKIII begs for a nice trigger. I have the volquartsen kit in my 22/45 and it is the most fun gun to shoot that I own.  Everyone that shoots it has the kool-aid smile.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there any mount or method to be able to retain the rear sight and have it either lower 1/3rd or absolute cowitness with a mini red dot such as a Vortex or Burris Fastfire?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
So I got it. Disassembled it once, thought it wasn't bad at all. Got it back together, functions fine. My father gets home, I show him how to take the mainspring out, put it back in, and here's where it gets dumb and I'm getting more and more frustrated.

Bolt pulls back and locks back but has no spring tension. Release the bolt catch and it stays in place unless I basically slap it closed or push closed. Mainspring won't come out because it's apparently uncocked. Have to muzzle down and hit it with a rubber mallet a few times to get the mainspring free. As far as I can tell I'm putting everything together. Doesn't look as if I've mangled springs or peened any surfaces. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Got it all figured out. Detailed stripped the entire gun, and after much cursing and youtube videos, got it back together and it functions as supposed to. Bonus for me that keeps me chuckling, I remembered I have an extra Aimpoint H1 and mounted it. I keep chuckling because the H1 is a little more expensive than the gun itself even though I got it from Palmettos sale awhile back. It seems like overkill, but I like it already.

Thread worthless without pictures.

Link Posted: 10/6/2016 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Got to shoot it yesterday. Didn't like Mini Mags at first, getting caught up on the feed ramp. After about 80 rounds it settled down and had no troubles afterward. I already have Tandemkross trigger combo ordered.

Targets at 25 yards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top