Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 6:13:34 PM EDT
So say you bobbed the hammer on a SA/DA SP101 and now you want a factory spurred SA/DA hammer how would you go about that? They're hard to find and Ruger is weird about selling some spare parts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
These are indeed tough to find. Sometimes they pop up on Numrich.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are indeed tough to find. Sometimes they pop up on Numrich.
View Quote

Holy cow I just looked and they have some in stock. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to piggyback - my newish SP101 has a very obviously molded hammer.  Are they all like that or were they ever machined?  Can a machined one be purchased?
View Quote

They werent always like that. Ive seen pictures of the new ones and they're noticeably different than the old one.

eta

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
That said the new MIM hammer weight reduction does reduce the trigger pull a bit IMO.  Ruger has had a lot of luck with their MIM stuff and I personally have no issues with the quality.  Should something go wrong with it, they'll more than make it right.

For example, my first SP101 had a cosmetic chip in the hammer, but I didn't like it in a brand new gun.  From my door to Ruger and back (at their cost) was 2 weeks.  They fit a completely new hammer and gave the pistol a fluff n buff while they were at it as an apology.  Their CS is top notch IMO.  But it might have been I worked for one of the largest Ruger retailers in AK at the time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top