Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2016 7:36:07 AM EDT
Does anyone's lcp slide catch on the frame when reassembling? I'm not sure what's doing it but half the time I have to fight with it to get the slide back on. Love the gun otherwise but damn it's frustrating.

I've tried everything except sending it back which I would hate to do since I've shot it enough to prove it's reliable with fmj and hp.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone's lcp slide catch on the frame when reassembling? I'm not sure what's doing it but half the time I have to fight with it to get the slide back on. Love the gun otherwise but damn it's frustrating.

I've tried everything except sending it back which I would hate to do since I've shot it enough to prove it's reliable with fmj and hp.
View Quote

Mine did it for the first time yesterday.

I have no idea what happened, I assumed I did something wrong.  One the second try it slid on like normal

I'll pay more attention next time

ETA: mine isn't a custom, but that shouldn't matter

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So I'm not the only one..
I shot ruger an email and they want me to call and will probably want me to send it in. I've looked everything over every time even when it went on properly and I can't see anything where it's its not supposed to be.  I'm no gun smith by any means but it really is odd. I'll give them a call Monday and post back what they tell me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm not sweating it.  Like I said, it only happened once and I'm sure it is something I did wrong.

I've carried this weapon for several years and taken it apart many times to clean.  There just isn't much to keep the slide from going on.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Possible you don't have the recoil spring assembly perfectly lined up on the barrel/slide? A little misalignment there seems like it could do it. Mines never done it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess it is possible. When it does act up that's the first thing I check and after playing with it a bit it eventually goes in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top