Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2016 9:32:26 PM EDT
I've been playing with it on and off few a few years now since I got it.  I drilled and tapped the frame to mount a custom picatinny rail I made.  I didn't really need a rail, but for some reason I have 4 accessories and I don't own any guns with a rail.  Also, that little flat part was just begging for some action.  I did a VQ sear, polished all the internals, mk2 bushing to remove that stupid mag disconnect, and drilled/tapped the trigger for a set screw to remove the take-up.  Oh, I also blasted and cerakoted the pistol with burnt bronze.  I think it turned out okay.  I plan on doing some machining on the sides to change it's profile, maybe loose a little weight.  It shoots great suppressed, very balanced.

One thing I do need to do is get some rail plugs for the scope holes.  The pistol came with a set, but I'm stupid and lost them.  Anyone have a source for them?

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Impressively well done. Love the Cerekote.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks great. Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great!

When you cerakoted the upper, how far did you disassemble it?  Was looking at cerakoting mine, but not sure how to go about getting the barrel out of the tube.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! I need to get a rail on mine, be nice for nighttime pest control to have a light on it
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
looks great, wonder why Ruger does not list the 22/45 on their website ???

edit:  did some research, appears 22/45 are no longer in production...here's the link
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

edit:  did some research, appears 22/45 are no longer in production...here's the link
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Interesting
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting

Mk4 version should be out soon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top