Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 5:35:31 PM EDT
Just picked this up as a backup for my primary CCW-CM9
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice choice. I have the same two guns. Both run great.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a great little pistol. My problem was my wife got a hold of it and claimed it as hers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just picked one up myself.  Still have to buy the single stack nine before the elections.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Just picked mine up today. I was installing the Hogue Grip and my punch slipped :(

I was hoping you could just push the pins out like a glock.

The idiot mark is very small and you actually have to look for it. But damn do I hate idiot marks even if it's only on polymer..

Now I'm deciding against using the Hogue Grip because it kind of snags in the pocket. Go figure right?

The trigger isn't bad, kinda threw me off that it clicks twice on the reset.

Also I'm wondering if a Glock front sight will fit this. They look veeeery similar.

Oh FYI Midway carries spare trigger pins if you need them for any reason. $1.50 each.

Not sure what other spare parts are out there.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice. Wish the custom one was available when I bought my LCP. But it's ok for what it is with a Houge grip and I got a side mount laserlyte unit. Also swapped out the sights because the original had basically none, which was it's intention.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice. Wish the custom one was available when I bought my LCP. But it's ok for what it is with a Houge grip and I got a side mount laserlyte unit. Also swapped out the sights because the original had basically none, which was it's intention.
View Quote

How is the Hogue during pocket carry?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only tried it with the Blackhawk pocket holster and although it worked out alright, the grip makes it substantially thicker so I've been carrying it IWB using a Kydex holster.  I've just thrown it in my pockets at times and like how the grip really does add ease. It's a tight fit on mine and hasn't snagged. A must for all LCP's IMO..YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked one up myself.  Haven't even taken it to the range yet but I've been dry firing the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked one up last month, really nice and light and a good reset. But damn it needs a lot of trigger finger to hit center mass
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]
My LCP Custom shot really well.

But the rear sight set screw came loose and the sight drifted. When I got home I attempted to tighten it, but it stripped out. I was able to remove it.

Called ruger for more set screws, but again it stripped out. The screw actually stripped out before it even hit the slide to help secure the sight...

Now I can't even get it off, I guess I'll just give ruger a call and send it in. [B)

Also I made sure I was using the correct allen wrench. Almost makes me wish I ordered the standard version.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I picked one up last month, really nice and light and a good reset.
View Quote

you mean the false reset or the second click when the trigger actually resets? it's more or less a full return.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
...not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My LCP Custom shot really well.

But the rear sight set screw came loose and the sight drifted. When I got home I attempted to tighten it, but it stripped out. I was able to remove it.

Called ruger for more set screws, but again it stripped out. The screw actually stripped out before it even hit the slide to help secure the sight...

Now I can't even get it off, I guess I'll just give ruger a call and send it in. [B)

Also I made sure I was using the correct allen wrench. Almost makes me wish I ordered the standard version.
View Quote
One of my tenants is the inspector of that line, let me know if you're having issues after you send it to them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you mean the false reset or the second click when the trigger actually resets? it's more or less a full return.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I picked one up last month, really nice and light and a good reset.

I don't have your problems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Details on the reset?

Mine has a false reset, then it resets on the 2nd click
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I just ordered one for my wife.  Where is the best place to order extra mags?  Are there any good extended mags for range use?  She has to shoot a 30 round qualification course to carry at work, and I would like for her to not have to keep reloading a single mag.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the same one. Great for pocket carry.

Also have the LC9S Pro and highly recommend that one too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top