Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 1:28:27 PM EDT
Hi guys, another guy in my office has a Ruger LC9s that he bought for a pocket EDC gun after seeing and shooting mine. His gun has developed a problem where the magazine a magazine cannot be inserted into the gun unless the mag button is depressed a bit. A quick call to Ruger CS today and they are sending out a new magazine button and spring however the nice woman in CS had no info on how to replace the items. A check of YouTube does not come up with any info on replacing the magazine release button on an LC9s, or an LC9 for that matter. Any help would be appreciated. The parts should be mailed out tomorrow and hopefully will be here by the end of the week.....<><....:)
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
So, is there anyone out there that could give me a brief tutorial on removing and replacing the magazine release button and spring? On the internet there are many videos of removing the magazine disconnect safety from a Ruger LC9 and LC9s but not one video of removing and replacing the magazine release button and spring.
Has anyone done this or perhaps know where I can go to gain a bit of insight on how to do it?...Thanks in advance for ANY help you can provide....<><....:)
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Post some pics from the bottom of the mag well and from the top of the slide. Also,try posting this in the gunsmithing section.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, not good at posting pictures but I will try the gunsmithing section....<><....:)
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this may work for you, it's about LC9s mag release problems and there are pictures of how to take the spring and mag release out. Not sure if I made the link hot though.

https://firedbrass.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/ruger-lc9s-drops-magazines/
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks CARman!! Just what I needed!!!....<><....:)
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all, especially CARnan. The parts arrived last week and today they were installed in about 5 minutes right at the desk in my office. The problem was cured and the LCP2 is now fully functional. The problem may have been caused by a couple of Pro-Mags the owner purchased
and used at the range. I have adjusted the angle of the magazine body on the Po0-Mags and suggested he not use them if he can get by with the factory Riger mags but all is well now. Great service from Ruger and great help from the guys on this site...Thanks again....<><....:)
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting.  I've had problems with US mags dropping out of my LC9.  Italian does just fine.  Perhaps this could be the cure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.  I've had problems with US mags dropping out of my LC9.  Italian does just fine.  Perhaps this could be the cure.
View Quote

I've read that some people have this problem with the USA stamped mags and then there are others, although fewer than the USA stamped mags, that have problems with the Italian stamped mags.

I have four USA factory stamped 7 round mags and two USA factory stamped 9 round mags for my pair of LC9s and so far they have been flawless.

They are of recent manufacture so maybe they have improved or are sourcing them somewhere else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top