Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 2:52:00 PM EDT
Hi there- as usual I am looking for help instead of being able to provide some. I installed a new Victory trigger, steel hammer bushing, extractor, slingshot kit, and LCI replacement (they forgot the set screw so I am currently without an LCI). After cursing the designer of this pistol for hours yesterday, I got it back together. Everything seems okay, the hammer pin is in the downward location when I am reassembling the mainspring housing. I just can't move the bolt back. When I push the bolt into the slide, it takes a bit of wiggle to move it into place. Any ideas? I can provide pics if needed. Help make this Ruger Great Again!

ETA: Finally got it fixed with the VERY helpful and accomodating staff at Tandemkross. Some guy (me) installed the sear backwards.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Was your main spring spongy or bounce back when you pushed it in the grip? It should bounce back a little when you push it in before you lock it in.  If this is not the case, it is not assembled correctly.  The metal dingle needs to be against the main spring so you have to flick it down before you close it.  Also, keep your finger on the trigger as you are doing it and close the main spring in the grip.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a little bounce in it. I have probably taken it down and put back together a dozen times or more and never have I gotten the bolt back. I made sure the "dingle" was in the cup on the mainspring.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like the hammer strut is not on the mainspring
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like the hammer strut is not on the mainspring
View Quote

Pretty sure its in the cup. I can only pull the slide about 1/2" before it stops.

ETA: If I pull the mainspring bottom out, but leave it up in place (letting the hammer strut float) it still won't let the slide back. The strut does move down about the same amount that the slide comes back (very little).
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Still having issues. The folks at Tandemkross are awesome and trying to help, but I figured I would try again here. Anything look out of place? I get no engagement from the trigger pull on the hammer. Not entirely sure what I am looking for.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice. Picking my gun up monday, I'll have to order some parts
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. Picking my gun up monday, I'll have to order some parts
View Quote

Just shot it over the weekend. SUCH a sweet shooter. Definitely go with the Tandemkross upgrades. And make sure to put the sear in correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top