Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2016 11:41:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Only online.  Would love one for my wife.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Know when they might come out in stores? Just saw it and would love to try one out. It also shoots +p ammo. Which means it will shoot NATO rounds easily. I'm wanting one in all black.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Know when they might come out in stores? Just saw it and would love to try one out. It also shoots +p ammo. Which means it will shoot NATO rounds easily. I'm wanting one in all black.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought this one this afternoon. Went to a local gun store just to see what was new. Mentioned that I was looking for a 1911 LW Commander in 9mm. One of the guys says how about a Ruger!!  I was online for two nights looking for a local store that had them. They had gotten it 5 days ago but hadn't had time to put it out on display. So I bought the only one they had!!  I have two other 1911s both 45ACP and a S&W Shield 9mm. But I wanted a 1911 9mm so the Ruger fit the bill just right!  The grips on the gun I made about 7 years ago for a Taurus 1911 that I had at the time. I was in the US Army Signal Corp from March/68 to Nov/70 when I got out. I'm going to try to get to the range tomorrow but my left knee is giving me a lot of pain today, so not sure I'll get there.  I also bought 4 Wilson Elite 500-9 10 rnd mags for it so that will give me 11 rnds in the gun!

" />
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought this one this afternoon. Went to a local gun store just to see what was new. Mentioned that I was looking for a 1911 LW Commander in 9mm. One of the guys says how about a Ruger!!  I was online for two nights looking for a local store that had them. They had gotten it 5 days ago but hadn't had time to put it out on display. So I bought the only one they had!!  I have two other 1911s both 45ACP and a S&W Shield 9mm. But I wanted a 1911 9mm so the Ruger fit the bill just right!  The grips on the gun I made about 7 years ago for a Taurus 1911 that I had at the time. I was in the US Army Signal Corp from March/68 to Nov/70 when I got out. I'm going to try to get to the range tomorrow but my left knee is giving me a lot of pain today, so not sure I'll get there.  I also bought 4 Wilson Elite 500-9 10 rnd mags for it so that will give me 11 rnds in the gun!

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/gunfighter48/Ruger%20LW%20Commander%209mm_zpsbqvdk1tu.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Awesome! I can't wait to hear how it shoots.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I made it to the range today, wearing a knee brace. The Ruger shot just excellent. I shot 150rds of UMC 115gr FMJ without any issues in the Wilson 9mm mags. I loaded 1 in the chamber and 10 in the mag and they all fed and fired with out any problems. I shot 50 rds of 124gr Gold Dots, my carry ammo. As many of you are aware Gold Dots are noted for being a problem in many semi-autos! Not one problem in the Ruger, they all fed without any problems out of the Wilson mags.  The target pictures are at 21-25 ft and the targets are the 6" Shoot-N-C. I'm not the best shot anymore, need MORE practice. But it shot to POA at 20-25 ft. Since the 9mm is much cheaper than 45, I'll be able to get a lot more time in at the range. I'm very happy with the Ruger and it runs great!! I measured the trigger pull last night with my electronic gauge and it ran about 4.5lbs, no grittiness, smooth, and clean break. I like 4lb triggers on my carry guns but the trigger out of the box is very very good.

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw my first specimen today at Cabela's. The trigger had a small glitch about halfway through but broke fairly cleanly. The grip safety felt a little sloppy and slide to frame fit was a little loose as can be common on production grade 1911's.

The 2-tone finish is more a gray on gray and looks pretty nice.

I would have bought it except for the Cabela's price. It was about $150 above where it should be.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
MINE!

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome!  I hope to pick mine up this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Feedback from those that have recently picked one up?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any specific information you're looking for?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here is what I posted about it on another thread.  Happy to ask any specific questions.

I got mine out to the range this morning.  Before shooting I changed out the grips to LOK Grips, the trigger to the short and smooth faced configuration I prefer and the recoil spring to a 18lb wolf commander spring ( As suggested by Ed Head ).  

I fired 250 rounds of mixed ammunition including Hornady Critical Defense, Winchester Ranger T, Federal HST and Freedom Munitions reloads.  Mixed bullets ranging from 115 to 147.  The gun was very pleasant to shoot with all loadings including the hotter defensive ammo.  I experienced no malfunctions.   I didn't fire for accuracy from a bench, but from a standing position and firing as fast as I could reacquire the front sight I had no problem keeping all rounds within a 5 inch circle at 15 yards.  I used a the factory supplied magazines and some Wilson ETM 10 round mags as well.  Overall a very pleasant pistol to shoot.  A couple more flawless trips to the range and I'd be more than happy to add it into my EDC rotation.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/gunfighter48/Ruger%20LW%20Commander%209mm_zpsbqvdk1tu.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I found a LW 4" Kimber, but was looking for that exact pistol.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it run like a raped ape?  That is all I need to know.  

I am also interested to know if the Wilson mags run OK and if they fit into the gun without modifying the gun or mags.

(I use CMC Power mags)
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am also interested to know if the Wilson mags run OK and if they fit into the gun without modifying the gun or mags.

(I use CMC Power mags)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(I use CMC Power mags)

I'm using Wilson ETM 500-9 mags and they work just fine. No problems and modifications needed. I have not been able to get mine to jam on any ammo that I've fed it!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

So far my sample has worked with everything I've tried to include Tula, Ruger ARX, 135gr Berry's bullets reloads and Federal HST.

I'm using Tripp mags and can't comment on the Wilson question.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does it run like a raped ape?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. If anyone has put in a threaded barrel and tried suppressed and if any trigger issues like one poster mentioned felt like a snag in the trigger pull half way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This. If anyone has put in a threaded barrel and tried suppressed and if any trigger issues like one poster mentioned felt like a snag in the trigger pull half way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine runs great and no trigger issues.  I'll be fitting a threaded barrel n a couple weeks and will report back.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mine runs great and no trigger issues.  I'll be fitting a threaded barrel n a couple weeks and will report back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you much.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes please! I just bought the gun as well and want to suppress it.  Please let us know details.
I was debating getting a Jarvis or just sending my barrel and slide to ADCO and have them put an extension on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes please! I just bought the gun as well and want to suppress it.  Please let us know details.

I was debating getting a Jarvis or just sending my barrel and slide to ADCO and have them put an extension on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is where I am at too.  I have a 9mm can in jail.  I know my Glock will take a drop in threaded barrel, but I am interested in just how 'drop in' or how much fitting a 1911 barrel takes.  Since I can't see the barrel lugs, I can't fathom how to make them match up.  I fitted a match barrel bushing once and it was quite time consuming, meaning it will be easy to screw up with my now older eyeballs.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked mine up today.
So far fit and finish is fine.  I'll shoot it tomorrow night when I get in to work.
I remember seeing wood grips and a Wilson magwell in our parts bin at work, I might put those on this gun.
I have a Chip McCormick 10 round mag and the bottom sticks out a little.  The magwell will take care of that.

I'm still debating getting a threaded Jarvis barrel (almost $300) or sending the factory barrel off to ADCO and having them extend and thread it (less than $200).  It's not going to be a carry gun so I might send in the factory barrel to ADCO.  My Glock 21 always has the threaded barrel in it whether or not I have a suppressor attached and it's one of my carry guns and the threaded barrel doesn't get in the way.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Got my frame back from coyotekiller. Didn't like the factory gray so had him do a molyresin black. Got my barrel extended and threaded by ADCO. It's ready to go!  Sadly I am not back to work till Monday so no range report. I'm too cheap to go to a local range and I hate work enough that I won't go there just to use the range.

This is when it was new last month:

Now sports Hogue wood grips, Wilson Combat front strap and magwell.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I ran a few different loads through my SR1911 earlier this week from 25 yards.

First off, the gun shot high and left with all loads. I had two other people try the gun with the same results so I'm confident it wasn't me pushing the gun while working the trigger. No big deal to tap the rear sight over a tiny bit but I'll have to swap out front sights to correct the point of impact. Plan A is to just live with it since it is only about 2" high.

I used some 115gr FMJ, some 147gr JHP Winchester and some Speer 124 Gold Dot +P. Best accuracy was with the Speer stuff with average groups right around three inches. The 147 Winchester stuff was the least accurate with groups closer to 5" overall.

Not Les Baer accurate but certainly fine for a "rack grade" 1911. I'm sure a fitted barrel bushing would tighten things up drastically. The bushing is pretty loose in my pistol.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Bored today and the kids wanted to go out and shoot so ROAD TRIP!

Ok, first, the Tripp 10 round mag worked fine for the three times I shot it unsuppressed.  I had some issues when shooting suppressed so I just shot suppressed with the factory 9 round mags.

No issues at all.  Gun worked just fine.  I should've brought the Beretta 92F, HK VP9 and Glock 19 to listen to all of them, but I got lazy.  ADCO did a wonderful job on extending and threaded the barrel.  This thing is dead on accurate unsuppressed and suppressed.

Sorry for the bad vid, camera was hanging in my shirt pocket and I told my son to go back in the car since we were leaving.  The first 9 rounds are 147gr and the second 9 rounds are the 165gr.

Freedom Munitions 147gr reman RNFMJ and Freedom Munitions HUSH 165gr RNFMJ.

I couldn't really tell the difference between the two so I'll stick with the cheaper 147gr.  I like FM's 147gr since it's loaded a little slower than the usual Winchester 147gr I shoot.  It cycles all my 9mm handguns suppressed and my AR9 suppressed.

https://youtu.be/vCMwWS6wK6M

I don't know how to embed video. sorry.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#28]

So far really enjoying this little beast.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got my frame back from coyotekiller. Didn't like the factory gray so had him do a molyresin black. Got my barrel extended and threaded by ADCO. It's ready to go!  Sadly I am not back to work till Monday so no range report. I'm too cheap to go to a local range and I hate work enough that I won't go there just to use the range.

This is when it was new last month:

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/IMG_1898.jpg

Now sports Hogue wood grips, Wilson Combat front strap and magwell.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/r4.jpg

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/r5.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for posting this.  I hadn't considered having a threaded extension added.  I also didn't know Adco worked on pistols.  Did you just send the barrel to them?  
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I sent the entire slide with the barrel.  I think it was requested so they can make sure it fits correctly.

I was having trouble finding an aftermarket threaded barrel and found out ADCO will do barrel extensions so off it went.

I'm very happy with it.  I pretty much stopped shooting all my other 9mm guns and shoot the Ruger.  Until I get a CZ P10C with threaded barrel...
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks or the updates. - I badly want one of these
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:04:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Interesting how some photos show a dark frame and others a light gray.  Is that from the lighting?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Damn, I may have to pick one of these up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top