Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2016 6:33:21 PM EDT
Does the use of this rod run the risk of increasing wear on the slide when compared to the standard LCP guide rod? I'm sure the question has been asked but I couldn't find a conclusive answer.

Edit: Hope not because I just bought one.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the custom and I also have the standard second generation LCP. Both guns have metal guide rods but the standard has a blued rod so it shouldn't really make a difference.. As for the custom, what nice little gun. I'm really liking mine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty excited about it. Haven't really heard any complaints about it!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The Custom is worth very bit more than the standard model. Better finish, sights and trigger. The only thing I can't find is a longer finger extension. I bought some of the Pierce extensions, but they are too big and when on the magazine, they won't allow the magazine to seat in the frame/catch.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Custom is worth very bit more than the standard model. Better finish, sights and trigger. The only thing I can't find is a longer finger extension. I bought some of the Pierce extensions, but they are too big and when on the magazine, they won't allow the magazine to seat in the frame/catch.
View Quote

Same issue with my Custom... I called Ruger CS and they sent me a new mag catch which was slightly better but it's still tighter and there's less vertical play in magazines than with my two non-Customs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top