Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 2:51:23 PM EDT
Does Ruger or any after market manufacturer make a "more recessed" mag release button?  When firing the mag release must get engaged and effectively renders the pistol as a paper weight.  Ruger replaced the mag disconnect when I had to send it back to them to fix a slide issue.  Any thoughts short of buying a Glock 43?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Change your grip ? I have a LC9s pro and have to move my hand a little to hit the mag release.

I know we all have different sized and shaped hands so try a different grip on it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not aware of anyone making a different mag release button.

Best resolution is to change your grip, I use a thumb over thumb grip and have never inadvertently hit the release.

If that doesn't do it, I'd file the release button down flush with the gun, and keep something handy to press it in for mag changes. Like the California bullet buttons.

Or look at a different platform.

My Walther PPS M1 has an ambidexterous paddle release below the trigger, impossible to 'accidentally' depress.

My HK UMP 9mm has the release at the back of the trigger guard, also ambi.

Or any revolver...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top