Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2016 9:39:49 AM EDT
I am trying to find a couple standard mags for a P-95. My dad passed away in December and left his P-95 to my son. It only has two 10rd mags and I would like to get him a couple 15rd mags. I haven't searched a ton, but what I have found are either aftermarket, expensive or listed, but out of stock. I figured I would check here in case someone knows of a good source / deal.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Midway or CDNN are the most likely sources

The Ruger factory mags usually don't come cheap-----------look into Mecgar mags for a quality mag that's a bit less expensive than OEM.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#2]
MecGar mags work great with my P95
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Found some MecGars for a decent price, but read a few reviews that said the metal baseplate pinches fingers between it and the bottom of the frame. Has anyone here experienced that?

I can't find a good picture to see how they fit, but what I read made it sound like there was a gap between the baseplate and thee frame that the mags with polymers base plates don't have.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MecGar mags work great with my P95
View Quote

The MecGar's are good, I ran mine in a couple IDPA matches and actually got 3rd on one stage with mine. GRANTED it was a small match but the still awesome to roll in with the least tactical gun out there and aftermarket mags...
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It took me 2 years to find Ruger mags for my P-95. Demand is high for these for some reason. Stay away from pro mag, Ruger and Meg gar in that order.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I too had good luck with the Mecgar P95 mags.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never had any problems with MecGars pinching my fingers.
And they've proven reliable enough to replace factory mags in my P89 and PC9 that have an HD role.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to have a list of all the companies Mec-gar mags were OEM for, though I don't have it any longer and don't know if any have changed.
I do know that up until pretty recently Mec-gar made Beretta mags (now made by a company owned by Beretta), but also CZ, Sig and S&W.
My best friend took three of their 20rd Beretta mags on two trips to Afghanistan and gave them to another Corpsman when he left the cambat role. Had nothing but praise for them.
I also had a 15 and two 17s from them for my P94 and never had an issue with them from round one.

All that to say that Mec-gar mags are 100% GTG in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top