Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 7:33:33 PM EDT
Found one local. Looks new but has that hideous liability warning on the barrel. Gentleman said it was late 70's vintage. How to tell and what price should I FO? Would be my first ever Ruger handgun.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
$460 OTD Hope I didn't get skinned.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $350 for a blued 38 special about a year ago.  The stainless guns and the 357's do go for more money.  That was an ok price.  Not great but not bad.

Yours has the later style grips.  Which is a good thing.

Rock solid pistols.  Will out last your grandkids.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My early 80's blue steel 4 inch Service Six in .357 is still one of my favorite guns.  Put a spring kit in it decades ago, and a local gunsmith was blown away with how great the double and single action trigger was.   Another mod to my Service Six was I round butted the grip frame to use the Speed Six style round butt grips.  My dad borrowed my 38 Special Speed Six quite a long time ago and won't give it back.

Paladin
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Found one local. Looks new but has that hideous liability warning on the barrel. Gentleman said it was late 70's vintage. How to tell and what price should I FO? Would be my first ever Ruger handgun.  
View Quote

Production dates.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Price is relative, as long as you are happy then who cares.  Hang on to it for a few years and you'll likely make a little money on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top