Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2015 1:26:39 AM EDT
I was coming back from the girl friends house this morning and decided to stop in at the local Scheel's store before I went home, if for nothing else than to BS with a buddy there that is the reloading department manager.  I'm on a mission to get a few striker fired 9mm pistols for a head-to0head shoot when I managed to spy a strange Ruger in the case.  It's apparently one of the Gander Mountain specials that was being sold.  It was as filthy as a liberal's lie but didn't look like it's been abused so I had to take it home with me...and give my buddy the credit for the sale!  Hey, Marines stick together, right?  Anyways, got it home, cleaned it up and started on making it dirty again with a few rounds of Russian steel case ammo and some Winchester white box 115 grain ammo as well.  So far, the function is 100% and I plan to put her on paper tomorrow.  
One thing I am finding about the SR9 is the lack of aftermarket support.  Mine came with 3 mags and I know I can get more from Midway if she turns out to be a keeper.  There are night sights out there as well but not really a lot else.  I would like to get a decent holster (preferably Kydex) in FDE and while Blade Tech would be my go-to choice, they only sell them in black.  Not a total deal breaker but I would love it if G-Code made a holster for the SR9 but they don't make one for it at all!  so who else should I look at as far as getting a holster for this thing?  I know there's a lot of kydex makers out there but I don't want to fork out money on junk and prefer to stick with makers with a good reputation.
Oh, and as for it's competition, it's a work in progress but so far she will be going up against my M&P9, H&K VP9 and Steyr M9-A1.  I am still missing a Walther PPQ and while I have a Glock 19, I figure a Gen 3 Glock 17 should be in my future as well.  Hehehe, looks like I'll be dealing with 2 Austrians, 2 Germans, and 2 Americans all going at it by the time it's all said and done.

ETA:  Oops, forgot etiquette....this post s worthless without pictures!

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck with KT-Mech.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you want to carry it?
IWB, i would go for a Crossbreed but that is my personal preference.  I really like them.

For on the belt i have a Raven Consealment for mine, in Coyote Tan.  I REALLY love this holster.  I got it because they made one that would hold my gun with a light attached to it.  Some folks say they conceal it inside the pants but it seems kind of bulky for that for me.  Its great on the belt though.  They are nice kydex holsters.

My usual go-to over the counter holster is the Galco Combat Master but they dont have one for the SR9.  If they dont make one then I would go to Simply Rugged and have them make one for me.  
I would look into Simply Rugged Holsters to see if they make a style that you like and i also like Barranti Leather but it takes a year for you to get a product from him after you order it. He does real craftsmen style work and is good so he is black logged all the time. I have bought a few things fro Barranti in the past and love them but the wait times are not worth it unless you are not in a hurry or you want something really nice and special made.  It is worth it if you have a special gun you want something nice for.

what kind of holster are you looking for?

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking for something for competition then I use a Safariland GLS which is compatible with the SR9.  Love it - great for multigun matches with solid retention but very fast controlled release.
http://www.holsterops.com/gls-pro-fit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top