Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 3:41:39 PM EDT
So I finally get a chance to take my wife, myself and our pistols LC9 and XD 40 (and the "Blaster"-my AR) to the range for some trigger time on the fresh pocket steel. My wife loves the feel, weight, and size her LC9 but can't put rounds very accurately downrange. We attribute it is because she's a bit rusty with a pistol but also the, in my opinion, horrendous trigger. There is so much take up you're surprised when it finally breaks, and reset isn't any better. She thoroughly enjoyed my XD, even though larger size and caliber-wise, because it was just plain easier to shoot. I understand that there is some break-in time with any weapon (we only put about 150 or so rounds through our pistols), but this is downright ridiculous. This is going to be her EDC as well as range gun, for now, and she really needs something she can feel a little more confident in.

Besides, obviously, more trigger time, any recommendations for trigger upgrades?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Best way I know to upgrade an LC9 trigger is to buy a LC9s or LC9s Pro.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It is not a horrendous trigger. It is a DAO hammer fired pistol with a long take up and long reset.

Your solution as the first poster said:

LC9s or LC9sPro
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Try This

Thank me later.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try This

Thank me later.  
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try This

Thank me later.  

+1

+1 again. The modifications will not make the trigger pull equal to the newer LC9S or LC9 Pro but improves it greatly.  My wife had the same trigger pull issues.  After the Galloway kit was installed she is completely happy with the results of her everyday carry piece.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I removed the magazine disconnect safety and thumb safety and was amazed at how it fixed the trigger pull. Smooth as silk -- no problems at all now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Best way I know to upgrade an LC9 trigger is to buy a LC9s or LC9s Pro.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Did the whole Galloway trigger connector/spring/trigger on an LC9, made it ever so slightly lighter and shorter pre-travel.

Bought an LC9S a couple weeks ago and wish I would have just saved the money and bought the LC9S when it came out, so much better.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I shot the LC9s for the first time yesterday, was able to put over 100 rounds thru it.

WOW great gun turned a ok small 9mm into a excellent pistol for CCW.

Trade in your LC9 for a LC9s and you get another $100 from Ruger
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did the whole Galloway trigger connector/spring/trigger on an LC9, made it ever so slightly lighter and shorter pre-travel.

Bought an LC9S a couple weeks ago and wish I would have just saved the money and bought the LC9S when it came out, so much better.
View Quote

yeah but now you can dual wield.

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Got a second chance to fire another 150 rounds thru the LC9s.

What a difference the striker makes, so much improvement in the trigger its hard to believe.

Its went from a good gun to a great gun with just the S.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the Saint Arms kit still being made? Didn't see any on Ebay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top