Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 8:54:31 PM EDT
I just bought a 22/45 this week and decided to take it apart, but I'm having some problems.

1. A magazine will not easily fit into the magwell. It inserts about 1.5", then meets resistance. I have to give it a good whack to insert the rest of the way.

2. It will not dryfire when the magazine is inserted.

3. The bolt will only retract about 1", then it meets resistance, and I have to pull very hard to get it to open all the way. One fully pulled back, it sticks held open and I have to give it a light hit for it to return to battery. When it is stuck open, the slide stop freely moves up and down, so it is stuck past the point of where the slide stop engages.

4. The mainspring will only pull back about 1/2" before it meets a wall of resistance. I cant easily force it past this point.

What the heck is going on?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't assemble it correctly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You didn't assemble it correctly.
View Quote

I never disassembled it in the first place. I never even got the mainspring out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Youtube  vid on reassembling !
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check out Youtube  vid on reassembling !
View Quote

Which one?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
link
View Quote

That doesn't help, and neither does their troubleshooting page.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like the muzzle needs to be hit against something like wood while holding the trigger to force the hammer forward. Sounds like the strut isn't in the mainspring correctly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like the muzzle needs to be hit against something like wood while holding the trigger to force the hammer forward. Sounds like the strut isn't in the mainspring correctly.
View Quote

THANK YOU!

That worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Kind of weird that it came that way, unless you bought it use and the previous owner put it back together wrong.  That little trick is the most complicated part of putting them back together.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad I found this. I have a brand new 22/45 that I got in trade from a buddy several years ago. I forgot I even had it until last week when I was digging through one of my safes. I'm experiencing everything the OP was. I too it out a few days ago and couldn't get it to fire. I'll try this trick and report back.

Thanks fellers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top