Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2015 10:56:42 PM EDT
Hey guys,
Looking to get a FDE Ruger LCP.

Were those only made for the gen 2s or were there also gen 1s?
And how do you tell the difference between the two?
Are there only 2 gens of the LCP? (I'm new to Ruger)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I beleive they are made for both (gens).

Not really 2 gens technically but there kind of is.

2nd gen has higher sights better trigger and when racked the hammer starts bavk a little bit.

Also the second gen doesnt have a dash in the serial #
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2nd gen has higher sights better trigger and when racked the hammer starts bavk a little bit.

View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Watch Palmetto State Armory and their daily deals. I picked up an FDE LCP gen 2 for $199 a month or so ago.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You definitely want to make sure that you get a gen 2 model with no dash in the s/n.  Big difference in the trigger pull and the sights.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Watch Palmetto State Armory and their daily deals. I picked up an FDE LCP gen 2 for $199 a month or so ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

That was very abnormal.  I almost jumped on that same deal, but in hindsight, glad I waited.  It was during the NRA convention, and was some promotional price just for the FDE version.  They wanted over $300 for the normal ones.

I got an LCP Custom for $298 from Bud's instead about a month later.

I
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That was very abnormal.  I almost jumped on that same deal, but in hindsight, glad I waited.  It was during the NRA convention, and was some promotional price just for the FDE version.  They wanted over $300 for the normal ones.

I
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I

I would love to get one for $200...
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]
i picked up the stainless model earlier this year and absolutely love it.
folks complain about it being inaccurate, having a heavy trigger, and tiny sights.  I dont have a problem with any of these issues.  Personally, i think its a fun gun to shoot.

It is a tiny pistol and I have shot really good groups with it.  At 10 yards i am able to shoot the numbers off of a B-27 target... not that it matters.  I just find that to be a fun thing to do.

The trigger is nice and not too heavy.  The only complaint with the trigger is that during the reset there are two stages that it must pass through.  I have been fooled a couple times in thinking that the trigger has completely been reset only to pull it and it stops at a wall for which the trigger cannot be pulled any more.  You have to let it reset all the way before you can fire another round.  It is kind of like a double action only trigger but the hammer half way cocks itself as it cycles.  I think this has to do with the two stages of reset that you feel as you release the trigger and get ready for your follow up shot.  This makes the trigger lighter but you dont have second strike capability.  I dont have a problem with this and have grown accustom to it.  

It is a tiny gun and it serves its role as a deep concealment peace.  Its the gun i take with me when i ride my bike.

Its a nice looking gun and i am glad that i purchased it.
If flat dark earth is your thing, i say go for it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top