Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2015 5:33:32 PM EDT
I took my LCP Custom to the range today for the christening.

I started with some leftover Blazer. The first 6 rounds were flawless. Then at some point around the second or third magazine, they wouldn't feed. The slide was out of battery by a bit, and the rounds were hard to eject.

I got a bit fed up with it and moved on to American Eagle. 100 rounds ran flawlessly. I decided to use up the remaining 10 rounds of Blazer Aluminum, so I loaded up a magazine before leaving.

The first round that I chambered myself failed to chamber. I'm not referring to a failure during fire. I mean I racked the slide and let go, and the round did not feed properly, slide was out of battery.

I said "to hell with this", emptied the magazine and left.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Knock wood, I've yet to find a factory round that does not feed consistently in either of my LCPs.  They are both second gen guns.

I've run Blazers with no problem.

It sounds like a dirty gun.  Clean chamber and pay special attention to the feed ramp.  Also,  try different magazine.  Also, lubricate the gun generously when reassembling.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It sounds like a dirty gun.  Clean chamber and pay special attention to the feed ramp.  Also,  try different magazine.  Also, lubricate the gun generously when reassembling.

Hope this helps.
View Quote

I started with Blazer. Within 3 magazines, I was getting failures to feed so I switched to American Eagle, and fired 100 flawless rounds.  
I tried the Blazer one more time before leaving, and it failed again.

If it was dirty or needed lube, the American Eagle would have had issues right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok so as of this past weekend, I've put over 400 rounds of brass cased ammo through the LCP without a hiccup, nearly half that was defensive ammo.

I'm confident now that this is a non-issue. Either that ammo has problems, or my gun has a problem only with aluminum ammo. I've fired a bunch of different brands of brass and all were flawless.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned two different LCPs.........both feed Blazer aluminum perfectly fine.(Wolf as well)
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own two LCPs.........both feed Blazer aluminum perfectly fine.(Wolf as well)
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I will add some info here that you can take to the bank.  If you have aluminum, brass and Nickel plated brass cased ammo with everything else being the same, the most reliable functioning will be the Nickel plated brass,  then the brass and lastly the aluminum cased round.  Nickel plated brass is by far more slippery than the others.  Aluminum has the highest friction of the three.  You can shoot what you want, but, mine carries Nickel plated brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The remedy for my LCP feeding aluminum cased rounds was about 20 minutes of polishing the feed ramp with Fitz.  I put close to a mirror finish on the feed ramp; and now my LCP digests anything I feed it.  Fitz + Elbow Grease = Feeding Problems Solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top