Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2015 12:26:24 PM EDT
I have a Ruger LC9 that after a 2 or 3 rounds the triggers locks forward and will not allow itself to be pulled again.  Any thoughts?

I will call Ruger customer service on Monday.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a Ruger LC9 that after a 2 or 3 rounds the triggers locks forward and will not allow itself to be pulled again.  Any thoughts?

View Quote

Throw it in a lake and get a better pistol.

ETA - if you really want to keep it, get a trigger group from an LC9s or Pro
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ruger has excellent customer service and they will probably fix your problem very quickly.

But after the problem is repaired, I would sell the LC9 and purchase a striker fired LC9's or maybe a S&W Shield.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an LC9 that the plunger for the firing pin block had broken and this stopped the trigger from breaking. The trigger would get down near the point where it normally breaks and then stop.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like my Ruger magazine does not fully engage the magazine safety leaving the trigger locked forward.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
You can remove the magazine drop safety.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The LC9s is a much better pistol than the original. I bought one and love the smooth trigger and it is wider too. I had plans on getting the original model but after I tried the lc9s,there was no comparison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top