Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 3:20:57 PM EDT
Thought I was done with plastic guns, but couldn't resist the 9E for the price...Just got back from the range, only 100 rounds but all were flawless . Accurate, comfy and soft shooting. These SR's are such underrated sleepers IMO...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
how does it group?

I have no need for another 9mm pistol, yet those seem right a really good deal and underrated pistol
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how does it group?

I have no need for another 9mm pistol, yet those seem right a really good deal and underrated pistol
View Quote

I haven't been to the range in a few months, was a bit rusty. Once I warmed up and focused it grouped pretty damn tight! Honestly for the price/warranty(and US made) I don't think they can be beat. I know a few people with them and they all love em. The range had some as rentals, said they're one of the few guns that have NEVER had an issue. Also said they were rarely cleaned...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I haven't been to the range in a few months, was a bit rusty. Once I warmed up and focused it grouped pretty damn tight! Honestly for the price/warranty(and US made) I don't think they can be beat. I know a few people with them and they all love em. The range had some as rentals, said they're one of the few guns that have NEVER had an issue. Also said they were rarely cleaned...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how does it group?

its threads like these that don't help me save money
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I know all too well I'd say go for the 9E over the SR9, will save ya some money. Ruger has the two mag pack's for these now also, 42- at my LGS. Need to get a couple this week now...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know all too well I'd say go for the 9E over the SR9, will save ya some money. Ruger has the two mag pack's for these now also, 42- at my LGS. Need to get a couple this week now...
View Quote

good to hear they're getting with the program and making two mag packs as well

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#6]
$299 on Grabagun.com
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
$299 on Grabagun.com
View Quote

Lot of gun for three bills, I want the compact model now. Time to start looking for a deal on one
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an sr9, my first and only pistol.  It is very smooth shooting, can even mag dump it no problems and have used brass, steel, and aluminum with no problems.
   The 9e is a slightly better looking version also minus the loaded indicator.  Removing the magazine disconnect safety is easy and only requires a small pin or whatever to remove rear striker cover.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an sr9, my first and only pistol.  It is very smooth shooting, can even mag dump it no problems and have used brass, steel, and aluminum with no problems.
   The 9e is a slightly better looking version also minus the loaded indicator.  Removing the magazine disconnect safety is easy and only requires a small pin or whatever to remove rear striker cover.
View Quote

What do you think about the sights? Are you content with them? I'm on the fence about trying one of these...the 9E seems like the better choice--I can save a little money that way, and if it turns out I don't like it I can always sell/trade it for something else, but I'm wondering if the elevation adjustable rear sight is worth it for some more money...
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What do you think about the sights? Are you content with them? I'm on the fence about trying one of these...the 9E seems like the better choice--I can save a little money that way, and if it turns out I don't like it I can always sell/trade it for something else, but I'm wondering if the elevation adjustable rear sight is worth it for some more money...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather NOT have the elevation adjustable sight on a gun like this, JMO though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd rather NOT have the elevation adjustable sight on a gun like this, JMO though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might be over thinking this--the reason I might want to have one is that some guns (like SIG 2022, Canik TP9SA, etc.) do shoot reasonably high at 25 yards, possibly because their sights are designed with a target or competition type 6 o'clock hold in mind as opposed to combat style sights where POA pretty much=POI. I rather prefer my sights send the rounds right at the aiming point, not above it (or below it).

I'm not sure how the Ruger SR9/9E prints at 25 yards and in, so you might have the right idea, an elevation adjustable sight might not be needed anyway.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw one yesterday for $350 at a local pawn shop. It looked real nice. Just don't need more guns.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting, I think this may make a good backup for the Wife's SR9.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#14]
My first pistol was a Kel-Tec P-11, which I consider a criminally underrated weapon (13r 9mm @ $200; fit & finish can go spit). I think I want a 9E next. Just a bit more expensive than an SD9VE, a bit more firepower, and a whole lot sexier.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lot of gun for three bills, I want the compact model now. Time to start looking for a deal on one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$299 on Grabagun.com

they can be had for about $350 lightly used all day long.  pawn shops are your friend.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

they can be had for about $350 lightly used all day long.  pawn shops are your friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$299 on Grabagun.com

Versus $304.99 brand new delivered to your FFL from Grabagun?  WTF???
I FO'ed from Grabagun....

Not to be mean, and I'm not mentioning a short bus, but mine will be in my hands for $314.99 after transfer fee and NO SALES TAX for a BRAND NEW one....

Pretty sure my 5 year old can figure out that math....
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I ended up with a great deal: $250 for a used one with 3 mags and 100 rounds of brown bear. I'm a terrible shot but it was poking holes exactly where I wanted them at 10 yards.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]
My buddy has a SR9 and it's a great gun. Not as nice as my Beretta, but definately a quality piece for the money. I liked it better than the Glocks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't mind trying one but I really want a stainless or melonite slide. Other than that I prefer the 9E over the SR9. I'd buy a stainless 9E tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got the 9E and have nothing poor to say. Groups very well, fits great in my hand as well as everyone who has shot it, no malfunctions, and no LCI. However, it does have a mag lock safety which I really don't like. I may be wrong here, which if I am please correct me, but it isn't any near as easy to remove the mag lock safety from these versus the SR9. There is no hold in the striker plate for ease of removal. I have yet to figure out how to do it however I haven't spent a whole lot of time on it either.

Other than that, if you're thinking of getting one of these, just do it. You wont regret it at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I ended up prying the plate off to get the mag safety out. I'll order a replacement from Ruger eventually
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:14:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not to be mean, and I'm not mentioning a short bus, but mine will be in my hands for $314.99 after transfer fee and NO SALES TAX for a BRAND NEW one....
i was talking about the sr9c he was wanting, not a 9e.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$299 on Grabagun.com

i was talking about the sr9c he was wanting, not a 9e.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought the SR9E about 6-9 months ago now.. LOVE it. It's my EDC. Picked it up for $315..

Performs extremely well, very comfortable. LOT of gun for $315.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top