Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2015 3:58:38 PM EDT
Looks wise I've always liked the Mark series. Any difference between the II and III's??? Are the 22/45's similar besides the grip? Looking for a basic model...thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The magazines are different between the MK-II and the MK-III's. The MK-II's have a heel mag release and the MK-III's have a button style up by the trigger guard.

The MK-III has a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect (Feature that a lot of shooters are not fond of). The 22/45's use an even different magazine as they have a longer basepad than the standard MK-III.

I have two MK-II's (Both are Target Models) and they are great pistols:

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a MK 1 ( a cherished heirloom from my grandpa ) I learned to shoot a handgun with this pistol, and so have my wife and twins - priceless

I own 2 MK IIs a Govt. Target 6" and an Olympic special edition 5.5" from Talo from a little while back. The Govt target sports a 2x leupold and Olympic is open sights

I also own a 22/45 MKII open sights - grip angle is identical to a 1911 so if you shoot 1911s this may be a good option. Also the Mk3s have removable grip panels and you can interchange your favorite 1911 grips for even more familiarity

lots of people prefer the MKII to the MK3 , but I have shot a MK3 and thought it was pretty good too . I really want a 22/45 lite with a threaded barrel for a possible suppressor host

I cannot say enough good things about the Rugers - over the years I have fired these handguns more than any other firearm I own

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Mags still made for the MK II's?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mags still made for the MK II's?
View Quote

Yes......I just ordered a couple through my local gunshop......
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I plan to look for a MK II hopefully...Any reason to go bull barrel or standard over each other???
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I plan to look for a MK II hopefully...Any reason to go bull barrel or standard over each other???
View Quote

It's just personal preference for the most part. I have a neighbor who has several MK-II's with different barrel lengths and configurations. They all seem to be equally accurate. I like the heavy target barrel because it has more weight out front. I like the muzzle heavy balance that it offers.

I do some .22 Action match shooting and, for me, the heavy barrel is more steady for knocking down the steel plates......
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I would recommend the Mark II Government Target Model to you.  The Army commissioned these for primary pistol training.  They are the best Ruger .22 pistol in my view.

I have a Mark III and it feels cheap and clunky compared to the my Mark II.  It also doesn't run as well.

The Mark II Target is a great pistol, as hundreds of gophers would tell you, if they were still here to do so.

It would be the last gun I'd get rid of, if it ever came to that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Love my MKII 5.5 BB Stainless Target that I purchased used but in like new condition for 200 out the door. With new gun laws being passed in my state I had the barrel cut down and threaded for suppressor Use her for my weekly plate shoots and have won a few matches. Now I am looking for my Holy Grail, MKII 10" or a MKII Great 8 !!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top