Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2015 3:07:22 PM EDT
Just trying to get an idea of the turn around and service level I might expect. I have an LCP with a slide that is looser than a hookers vag
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They had my SR22 pistol back to me within 1 week. Needed a new takedown lever. Granted I told them I was an instructor and it would be appreciated if they got it to me before my next class... They got it there 4 days before

It's worked great since. Think I got an extra carry bag and mag with it too. They should treat you right. I'd expect 2 weeks from any manufacturer though sending it back.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Two weeks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger mini-14 years back... i think it took about 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I sent an LCP back last year and the turn-around was six days -- door to door, to door.

My experience is their service is excellent.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Less than 2 weeks total. They email you a fedex label and ship it right back to your house. No cost to you
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruger has probably the best CS of any gun manufacturer or at least in the top three.  Occasionally they screw up but, overall, you shouldn't have any issues.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Beats Colt.  I sent in a DS for service (they wouldn't warranty it, I had to pay for the repair and shipping both ways)  and I didn't see for months. Years ago I brought a S&W auto to the factory to fix a recall and they did it while I waited.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to send my wife's sp101 in, action was junk out of the box. They had it a few weeks and it came back flawless. Butter smooth action, improved hammer overall I was pleased.

Unfortunately it seems to be having issues again.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
LC9S last November,  had it back in 10 days.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I sent in a LCR .22 that the cyl. wouldn't always lock up.  10 days turn around and they paid shipping both ways.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
This makes me happy.  I have a GP 100 I need to send back for the double locking up, I have been waiting till I moved into my new house because I have heard it will ship direct back.  Nice to hear.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
My LGS sent back my SBH a few weeks ago becuase it wouldn't always cock. I'm still waiting. I bought it new and put 50 rounds of 44 special and 50 rounds of 44 mag down the pipe. We thought it might free up but it got worse. The LGS agreed to handle everything since 1) I bout it there and 2) I'd only ever shot it there. In hindsight, maybe I should have handled it myself so I'd know more about when I'm getting my pistol back.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I think a gene real search would prove ruger is a great company.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent a ruger 10/22 in once because one of the holes in the top of the receiver stripped (torquing to 10 in/lbs and it was the first time installing). They sent me a label and to my surprise said it appeared the threads were tapped wrong and gave me a replacement. Even let me swap it for a threaded model.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
One week on a Ruger SP101, they paid shipping both ways after I asked them for a shipping label , they scheduled the pick up I handed it to the UPS guy and 7 days later he brought it back and it was repaired.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I had mine back in 2 weeks. I joked about just dropping it off in Prescott and poking around, they didn't hesitate to welcome me in. LoL too bad I was only joking, I need to score another Ruger.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I think Ruger quality control sucks, but their customer service is top notch. I've had a number of NIB Rugers over the years with issues, but Ruger always made it right.  I just wish they cut back on the number of mistakes leaving the factory.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Ruger has always had top notch customer service.......best in the business that I have ever dealt with! I even bought a wore out MKI Target at a yard sale once, the guy told me it was a good parts gun that didn't shoot and let me have it for $20! I sent it to Ruger and got a letter about a week later telling me they couldn't fix it, it was discontinued and they didn't have the parts, they offered me a new MKII Target to replace it, I think it cost me something like $70 or $80 to get it replaced with a new one, but hey I ended up with a new $400 pistol for about $100!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I shipped my LC9 that I bought 2nd hand to Ruger for a loose front sight last Thursday and got it back today.  They also replaced the magazine catch.  1 week turn around and they paid shipping.  I am impressed with customer service like that on a 2nd hand pistol repair.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Two-ish weeks each time. I've sent two guns back to Ruger over the years.  Each returned fixed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I have sent two items back;  two weeks the first time and three weeks the second time during the 2013 panic. Great CS in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I had to send a super redhawk back because it would not eject casings the way it should. I literally had to bang on the ejector. I sent it in and they said they had to replace the entire gun. And there were none available. Had to wait a few weeks for them to go into production and mine was supposed to be one of the first out the door. But i did have to have it sent to a dealer and fill out the form for a new gun since that is what it was. I also paid the transfer fee from the dealer which I am sure I could have got Ruger to cover but I was just happy to have the gun back and a new one at that even though the one I had was practically new anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
About a week from when I sent my SR22 back due to a poi shift with a can on until I got it back.

Ruger has impressed me thoroughly with their excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I sent my LCP Custom back yesterday (5/11) because the extractor decided to snap into 2 pieces with the 3rd round out of the gun. Customer Service department was fantastic, just wish it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I'll update when the pistol returns.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I bulged a barrel on a P90DC (didn't notice a squib, fired a round behind it) about 20 years ago.

Ruger had it about 6 weeks and charged me half the value of the gun to remove the old barrel and replace it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#26]
It wasn't mine but I had a customer send a pistol back to ruger and needed a really fast turn around for a class.  

Had one of the ruger higher ups call and verify all ffl and address and such.   They even paid for the class for the guy.  

True story.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]
IIRC 3 months on a Black Hawk Hunter in .357,  new gun missing parts of the rifling in the barrel, big chunks fell out weren't there before I even got to shoot it.  I kept checking with the gunshop and got different answers every time.  One was, we have no record of receiving your gun.  I finally sent them a nasty gram and my gun showed up 2 weeks later.

Let's just say before purchasing I look over guns more thoroughly since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top