Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2015 8:21:25 PM EDT
whatz up with that? just picked it up last week from LGS for $260 OTD;
looks new, but there's no markings on it like it wuz a PoPo trade in.

haven't shot it yet, but the tritium still glows ok:SN indicates late 90's
born on date.

Main reason I got it wuz wifey has one & we can share
mags, plus I'm poor enough not to care, so long as it goes bang 15
times,,,,,
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
How is the trigger on yours? Mine was painfully heavy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Dry firing ain't too bad, but haven't been to the range yet
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dry firing ain't too bad, but haven't been to the range yet
View Quote

Against my better judgement I purchased it as my first gun. Think I paid $250 for it. But mine was way more beat up. It looked like it fell out of a holster and hit the pavement at about 30 mph
IIRC the trigger pull was about 15lbs. Looking back I was a noob who had only shot a glock 17.

Today I think I could stage it pretty well since I've had practice with DAO revolvers. Part of me regrets selling it.

You did good for the price, also if you ever want to convert it to SA/DA I've been seeing parts kits/slides on ebay pretty cheap. In that regard you could have 2 guns in one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUGER-P-95-DC-P95DC-9MM-SLIDE-BARREL-RECOIL-SPRING-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/111622649110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fd3a7516

Even if Ruger doesn't service it, parts are plenty n ebay.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations OP, they are excellent pistols reliability wise. I have a collection of them, some have a safety and some are decocker only but they are all super reliable and they were priced right at $299 NIB for a stainless 9mm with two 15 round mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
They are built tough, good choice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
CAI is Century Arms International. Well known firearm importer. Must have been used by some foreign police department.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one new for $260 when I was young and didn't know anything about guns. Mine came with klinton mags, so I bought a couple cheap 15 rounders and a cheap holster. I carried that thing in the woods or in my car for years. Never had a reliability problem, just too heavy for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
A ruger P95 was one of the first 9mm pistols I ever fired. My uncle bought it, we had lots of fun shooting that pistol
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#9]
my first too, a DA/SA decocker model.  Was awesome, but not worth keeping IMHO
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it railed by any chance?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top