Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 5:55:05 PM EDT
I traded into a SS .357  last weekend, i just noticed it has no warning.
It is a 154 series Speed Six.
So,.......when did the warning label go on the bbl.?

ETA: Found out the revolver was made in 1979,so the label's must start in the early 80's.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics?

Would love to find a Speed Six without the safety billboard on it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What length barrel?

I had a blued 2 3/4 Speed Six without the billboard that was stolen 20 years ago. I still harbor visions of getting it back, but I doubt it.

ETA:

Oh and, pics are mandatory.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I traded into a SS .357  last weekend, i just noticed it has no warning.
It is a 154 series Speed Six.
So,.......when did the warning label go on the bbl.?

ETA: Found out the revolver was made in 1979,so the label's must start in the early 80's.
View Quote

Actually began in late 1977. Announced in Ruger Newsletter, vol. 1, NO. 4, June, 1978.
"New Rollmarking on Barrels"
"Late in 1977 we began rollmarking the barrels of Ruger firearms with the following legend: BEFORE USING GUN--READ WARNING IN INSTRUCTION MANUAL AVAILABLE FREE FROM STURM, RUGER & COMPANY, INC., SOUTHPORT, CT., U.S.A."

"Many of our customers have asked why we are marking Ruger firearms this way now. Most of them are experienced shooters who already to know how to handle firearms safely and responsibly."

"In today's consumer-oriented society we are seeing an era in which government seems determined to protect the individual citizen from himself, whether he likes it or not! Over the years, this has resulted in the subtle erosion of our personal liberties, and the emergence of an ever-increasing number of people who have never learned to accept responsibility."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top