Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2015 5:07:05 PM EDT
Have an old P90 with a few mags that I got for pretty much nothing.  Thought I'd buy another few magazines for it.  Just received a Ruger factory 8 rnd mag and it's kind of crap.  The follower is not anti-tilt like my older mags.  Less than impressed.  Anyone got recommendations for decent mags?  Thanks.

B
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If I recall the current mags are for the recently discontinued P345.  I have a few p90 mags that function in my p345, 7 rounders with plastic follower.  The 8 rounder has the springsteel follower which allows the follower to compress to sneak the 8th round in the mag.  I have roughly 1500 rounds through my p345 and have not had any reliability issues due to the spring steel follower.  YMMV.

Edit - you may be able to find parts to convert the new mag back to the old follower, but I think a new spring is needed also.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The 8 round magazine has a reputation for marking up the mag well right below the barrel on the P90.l. The seven rounders do not.
The Mags were done for the P97 and 345. The marks stop after a bit. I would just load 7 rounds because I did not trust the metal 8 round follower.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I found the followers on Brownells.  I just have to wait till they're back in stock.  Since this gun is really nothing more than a range gun, not really concerned about losing one rnd of capacity.  I'll just keep an eye out of 7 rnd mags in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top