Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 8:57:10 AM EDT
Fondled a few GP100's at my LGS in the past few weeks.Most had gritty triggers,some worse than others.The one I picked up has 25 rounds through it.DA is smooth as silk,SA has a bit of creep.Should I just shoot it a while and see if it clears up?Will dry firing help?Gun was made 6/14
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the Ruger Forum website for the instructions on a fluff n buff.  Barring that, I'd just toss some snap caps in and dry fire the hell out of it.  My GP100 WC is around 1000rds through it at this point and the trigger is fantastic.  Only nicer trigger I've shot was the wife's 19-5 that has tens of thousands of rounds through it.  (Inherited it from her mom who bought it new and took it everywhere)

Dry firing/polish will clear up the grit, I'll let someone with better knowledge of trigger geometry cover creep though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, mine have all nice triggers from the factory, no grittiness at all but they quickly get even better with dry firing or just trigger time of any kind.  I dry fired the hell out of my standard 3" GP100 and my Wiley Clapp GP and they both have excellent triggers (I don't use snap caps, they aren't required with the Rugers but it sure can't hurt to use them).  You'll be surprised just how good they feel after a little dry firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top