Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2014 9:14:07 PM EDT
I recently got a LCP and have about 200 rounds through it.  I am having failures to extract about every third magazine. I am using factory Federal and Winchester.  Do I just need to put a few more rounds through it before giving Ruger a call?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
My LCP was reliable from day 1.  I had 1 ftf in the second mag fired and perfect after that.  Personally, I'd call Ruger.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine had failures to feed until I installed a heavier wolff recoil spring. Never had failures to extract or eject. I would call ruger.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had an issue -- from day 1 -- with either of my Elsie Peas.  Call Ruger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
As with any machine, some run 100%, some are a mechanical piece of shit.

Many on this board have had good results with theirs.  Mine has been horrible.

It may be the throat but it'll reliable fail to feed after about 5 rounds and requires a thorough cleaning to make it function again.  I Wolff heavy spring helps some but by only a round or two.  Also, the rearmost trigger group pin has left a permanent scar on my thumb knuckle (the thumb joint closest to the webbing of your hand).  I pushed the pin to the right which helped some but the edges of the frame where it pin goes still cuts me every time (circled in RED).

I could send it in to Ruger and maybe they'll fix the loading issue, but there is nothing they can do about the frame cutting my thumb.  So, why do I still have and carry it?  I have sciatica and other lower back problems so carrying anything larger IWB is painful.  I'd get something new in a heartbeat but to date, I haven't found anything better size wise.  I had a Shield but even that I needed to carry OWB.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine too has been 100% since day 1.  When I got it I oiled the crap out if it and shot 2 boxes. All 100%. Cleaned and lubed for carry and has been great since.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine never bites, never scratches, never fails and never complains. It has been 100% with all ammo since I got it about 2 years ago....<><....:)
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As with any machine, some run 100%, some are a mechanical piece of shit.

Many on this board have had good results with theirs.  Mine has been horrible.

It may be the throat but it'll reliable fail to feed after about 5 rounds and requires a thorough cleaning to make it function again.  I Wolff heavy spring helps some but by only a round or two.  Also, the rearmost trigger group pin has left a permanent scar on my thumb knuckle (the thumb joint closest to the webbing of your hand).  I pushed the pin to the right which helped some but the edges of the frame where it pin goes still cuts me every time (circled in RED).

<a href="http://s275.photobucket.com/user/dispatch55126/media/Scan_zpscff68eb6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/dispatch55126/Scan_zpscff68eb6.jpg</a>

I could send it in to Ruger and maybe they'll fix the loading issue, but there is nothing they can do about the frame cutting my thumb.  So, why do I still have and carry it?  I have sciatica and other lower back problems so carrying anything larger IWB is painful.  I'd get something new in a heartbeat but to date, I haven't found anything better size wise.  I had a Shield but even that I needed to carry OWB.
View Quote

try this hogue grip on it, I have one that works fine
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Swap spring with Wolff 13#......
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck that. The thing should work right with factory springs and not need anything but shooting. Send it to Ruger or sell it. Like I said and many others as well, they work well from the box, if they don't make Ruger fix it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My lcp gotta be lubed! Since mine Is shot so infrequent I use hopps grease, cause standard oil just dries out. If mine is dry she will fail to eject here or there, especially with steel ammo. Mine is modded with sweet pea trigger, trigger and recoil springs swapped. And ct gaurd.

And my lcp also tears the skin off my thumb knuckle.  But I can't fit any of my far better and more tacticool pistols in my pocket of my light weight Florida clothing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine has work since day one. I put 500 rounds through my guns before I use them for ccw.  I also have a SR9 with 2000 rounds never an issue.  Like some have said.  I would call Ruger. No need to fix something that should work right out of the box.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine was perfect from day one as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine had about 1 failure every other mag right up until round 175.  After that it's been perfect, even when dry.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine's been 100% strait out of the box.  Pocket carried it today as a BUG.  I'm impressed with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top