Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2014 7:44:20 PM EDT
Took the wifes  pistol to range today to run a few break in rounds through it as she was ill and didn't feel like going.  Shot  fifty plus p 38's first and then move up to some hotter 357's.... WOW I though I was going to catch the booth on fire I was in as it was shooting about a foot long fire ball out of it. She has shot  my GP 100 four inch pretty well but loseing an inch in barrel length and a little size with this new one of hers I think she will be sticking to the plus p 38's as it makes the GP feel like a plinker. This  thing is a cannon. she said she will decide once she is feeling better and gets a chance to shoot it.....I'm betting I will be stocking up on some more Plus p 38's.  LOL.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
357 mag is doable in sp101, there are lighter guns in 357. I have 2" version and it's OK  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. 2 inch version here. That thing throws quite the fireball with 357s. It's a hoot to shoot though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Took the wifes  pistol to range today to run a few break in rounds through it as she was ill and didn't feel like going.  Shot  fifty plus p 38's first and then move up to some hotter 357's.... WOW I though I was going to catch the booth on fire I was in as it was shooting about a foot long fire ball out of it. She has shot  my GP 100 four inch pretty well but loseing an inch in barrel length and a little size with this new one of hers I think she will be sticking to the plus p 38's as it makes the GP feel like a plinker. This  thing is a cannon. she said she will decide once she is feeling better and gets a chance to shoot it.....I'm betting I will be stocking up on some more Plus p 38's.  LOL.
View Quote

Yep, I can only shoot two cylinders of full power 357's through mine before it starts to hurt my hand. Neat guns though - full power when needed but very pleasant with .38's.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
My 3" 101 is a great gun, after smoothing the trigger components and playing with springs. Built like a tank. The only problem I had was the sights. I have a hard time with the little fixed rear sight in the stainless guns. I had S&W J frame sights fitted. Makes a world of difference. I didn't know just how accurate the thing is until I had useable sights. I have Trausch grips on mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top