Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2014 4:13:35 PM EDT
don't need another 9mm but these do look pretty good for the price. I'm really liking the fact that it doesn't have the enormous laded chamber indicator.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad just picked one up yesterday for $350 on sale. He said it runs like a champ with brass or steel casings. He said he is very happy for the short time he has had it. Lot of gun for the money.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
meh, you can get SR9C's for $375 if you shop around.   They come with 2 mags too.  9E does not.  BTW 9E's are all over the net for a hair over $3 bills shipped.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 9e and I love it. I bought it specifically because it does not have the loaded chamber indicator. The fact that it only comes with 1 mag instead of 2 like the SR9 means that if you look around you can actually get a better deal on the SR9 in the long run since the magazines are expensive.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered mine yesterday. I have an SR9 with several mags so the single mag is not an issue.  For me this will be a back up weapon.  Can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Kygunco.com has them on sale for $319.99 w/free shipping.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#6]
9E is reliable for me! There was a 2 pack mag sale for 35$ at Cabelas that made up for the only included mag.
I'd pick the 9E over the SR9 anyday -- I don't need a stinking loaded chamber indicator
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
If Ruger would just get with the program and offer a version without the safety I'd be sold.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up mine at Buds for $330. They always do a good job and shipping was quick.  Took it to the range today.  Put 150 rounds through it.  I had a few FTE but attributed it to the mag that came with the gun.  When I switched to the metal mags I have, I had no problems.

The gun is accurate. I did not have to adjust windage.  Shot very tight groups at 7 yards.  My groups were really good at 15 yards, although not at tight as at 7 yards, but all within a 6" plate.  At 25 yards things started to spread put but that's me and not the gun.  All rounds hit the man size target at 25 yards.

I have an Sr9 and found the 9e does not fit my custom kydex holster I Ccw with. It fits about 3/4 of the way.  The 9e is just a tad thicker then the SR9.  The 9e does fit my kydex holster on my battle belt so I'm good to go.

Overall I'm please with the 9e.  I'll put more bullets down range before I use it in my night stand , truck or competition.

Just my 2 cents for anyone who was thinking of purchasing one of these. Can't beat the price in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a 9E recently and really like it I don't see a downside compared to the SR9.
So far I've put 600 rounds through it using brass and aluminum cases without fail.
The receiver is the exact same as the SR9 the 9Eonly differs in the slide machining, finish, no LCI and sights.
The 9E distance between the sights is actually 1/4" longer than the SR9 and looks like a Novak rear sight and dovetail.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
is there a way to disconnect the magazine safety on these?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought they had deleted the magazine safety on the 9E.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's still there.  You can look up a You Tube video for taking it out.  It's really simple.

Also, I picked up 2 a couple weeks ago to have around the house.  I really like them.  They are very soft shooting.  In fact, my friend is looking at buying a gun, and I brought 6 different guns out for him to try.  He walked away wanting the 9E (PPQ was 2nd).  Keep in mind, the 6 guns inlcuded Kahr T9, CZ 75B, Glock 34, M&P9 Pro.  It's a nice gun, especially for the price.  I'm considering another one, but 2 are good for now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No, it's still there.  You can look up a You Tube video for taking it out.  It's really simple.

Also, I picked up 2 a couple weeks ago to have around the house.  I really like them.  They are very soft shooting.  In fact, my friend is looking at buying a gun, and I brought 6 different guns out for him to try.  He walked away wanting the 9E (PPQ was 2nd).  Keep in mind, the 6 guns inlcuded Kahr T9, CZ 75B, Glock 34, M&P9 Pro.  It's a nice gun, especially for the price.  I'm considering another one, but 2 are good for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could you put a link of the video you're referencing? I've had the 9e for a while now and wasn't able to get the striker plate removed being there is no hole. I haven't spent much time on it either...

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I have no input on the 9E subject other than to say I've owned an SR9 & a 9c. IMO they have the most comfortable grip of any pistol out there. For me they shoot soft and follow up shots are spot on. I REALLY wish Ruger would offer an SR9 Pro and 9c Pro with no mag disconnect & no thumb safety. The 9E is a start with no LCI and better " normal cut" sights. I sent a letter to the CEO in hopes a bunch of other people are too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
FYI SummitGunBroker has a like new Stainless SR9 for $275+$18 shipping on his site right now
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Could you put a link of the video you're referencing? I've had the 9e for a while now and wasn't able to get the striker plate removed being there is no hole. I haven't spent much time on it either...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up forcing the cover off on mine. Eventually I'll order a replacement from Ruger since mine is a little chewed up now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top