Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2014 3:10:20 PM EDT
Took the little Wiley Clapp SP101 shooting yesterday.  OEM grips proved a little too small for fast, consistent follow up shots with 357 magnum loads.  I have a set of Hogue rubber Monogrips coming up get me through class next weekend. Need a permanent solution.  

So what are the current grip options for the SP101?  Pics are always helpful.

Thanks

Hizzie
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hogue monogrip for me.  Gives your pinky someplace to rest, helps control hot .357 loads.

PITA if you're carrying concealed.  Grippy on your shirt/jacket.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hogue rubber grips are great for controlling recoil, but terrible for concealment, in my experience. After switching back and forth between Hogues and the stock grips, I have kept the stock ones on for the last couple of years.  They conceal much better and aren't too bad in control, for everything except very hot loads. I believe Hogue makes some wood grips in the same shape as their rubber monogrips, but I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Hogue makes the monogrip in hard nylon as well as rubber. The rubber grips can be used at the range when you're going to be shooting a lot, and once you're done with practice you can throw on the nylon grips for carry, since they don't grab clothing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I have Trausch grips on my SP101s, but I have large hands and I am not trying for concealment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top