Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 9:56:14 PM EDT
Just bought this the other day. Always a big fan of Ruger but the 9mm not so much. I guess because I have a 45 don't know lol. The feel and balance is great. Haven't shot it yet, triing to get out Wednesday. I did break it down for the hell of it. Man how simple and easy it is to do. My only concern is the rear site. Well my eyes are the problem. Most likely I'll change them out down the road with some type of green fiber optic. I also ordered a N82 tactial IWB holster. Should be here in a few days. This will be my cc as of now. The colt double eagle was just to heavy to carry full time. So I bought a cia Taurus cia wheel gun. That sucked! second time shooting it, the wheel feel out do to the pin. So I fixed it and sold it. Now I've came full circle back to Ruger with my SR 9c. I think I'll be very happy with it. Looking forward to banging some steel. Well working on posting pic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Its my daily carry and has retired my Glock and XD to the shelf most of the times.... I really like it that much.
I have the Crimson laserguard and some Galloway precision parts on it.  
I have about 1000 rounds thru it so far and have not had one hiccup what so ever.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
That's great to hear. I have barely put it down since buying it. What type of holster do you use?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine... it's one gun I don't intend to get rid of, and mine is very accurate, and can shoot quick, I can empty a clip as fast as I can pull the trigger with every shot centermass...  I've probably put about 500-800rds thru mine, maybe more... I only had an issue with it and that happened today with the slide staying open after I shoot and I'm about to make a post about it..
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's great to hear. I have barely put it down since buying it. What type of holster do you use?
View Quote

I have the Mitch Rosen Outside Waistband holster from the Ruger.com store that I used my registration coupon on and I recently bought a AlienGear Inside the Waistband holster as well.
Both work great; seems I use the OWB holster with pants and the IWB with shorts more often than not.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the Mitch Rosen Outside Waistband holster from the Ruger.com store that I used my registration coupon on and I recently bought a AlienGear Inside the Waistband holster as well.

Both work great; seems I use the OWB holster with pants and the IWB with shorts more often than not.

Awsome. I went with N82 tactical professional should be hear today woo hoo

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I absolutely love my SR9C.

I keep it loaded with an SR9 mag with the grip extension and it has replaced my G17 as my nightstand gun.

I would have to check its book to be sure, but I think it is in the neighborhood of 8 - 900 rounds fired and not one problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just bought this the other day. Always a big fan of Ruger but the 9mm not so much. I guess because I have a 45 don't know lol. The feel and balance is great. Haven't shot it yet, triing to get out Wednesday. I did break it down for the hell of it. Man how simple and easy it is to do. My only concern is the rear site. Well my eyes are the problem. Most likely I'll change them out down the road with some type of green fiber optic. I also ordered a N82 tactial IWB holster. Should be here in a few days. This will be my cc as of now. The colt double eagle was just to heavy to carry full time. So I bought a cia Taurus cia wheel gun. That sucked! second time shooting it, the wheel feel out do to the pin. So I fixed it and sold it. Now I've came full circle back to Ruger with my SR 9c. I think I'll be very happy with it. Looking forward to banging some steel. Well working on posting pic.
View Quote

For sights I strongly recommend Novak sights.  Avoid Trijicon HD's unless your gun shooots 4-6" high.  Only Novak sights are the correct height front and rear and give the best sight picture.  I sent back the regular Trijicons and Meprolights without opening the box.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on the new purchase, the stainless SR9c is my current carry gun.  I got a really good deal at my LGS for a brand new one, only $379 plus tax.  I had some issues with FTE and FTF on the first 50 round box I ran through the gun, probably had an issue once per mag which was frustrating to say the least.  However, once I broke the gun in after a couple hundred rounds, no more issues.  The gun runs flawlessly, and I have since put around 1500 rounds through it.  

I think it is a good size, a good compromise between being fun and accurate at the range and still appropriate for EDC.  I don't have anything fancy on the rail right now, but am saving up/looking for some sort of light/laser combo and night sights to make it a better bedside gun.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats on the new purchase, the stainless SR9c is my current carry gun.  I got a really good deal at my LGS for a brand new one, only $379 plus tax.  I had some issues with FTE and FTF on the first 50 round box I ran through the gun, probably had an issue once per mag which was frustrating to say the least.  However, once I broke the gun in after a couple hundred rounds, no more issues.  The gun runs flawlessly, and I have since put around 1500 rounds through it.  

I think it is a good size, a good compromise between being fun and accurate at the range and still appropriate for EDC.  I don't have anything fancy on the rail right now, but am saving up/looking for some sort of light/laser combo and night sights to make it a better bedside gun.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!
View Quote

My thoughts almost to the T...

I have used the Crimson Trace direct fit. I liked it a lot. I will have to get another one one day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top