Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
definitely want
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
About time!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it use Glock magazines? I would only want one if it uses Glock magazines.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it use Glock magazines? I would only want one if it uses Glock magazines.
View Quote

Wait till they find it doesn't take SW moonclips...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Now we need a GP-100 in 10mm!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would make my wallet fly open !  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I've only read one site's take on it but it claimed it was +P rated. This has my interest.  And, if I see one during a moment of financial weakness, I may have to give in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder about the interest in the 9mm as a revolver cartridge.  Yeah, I understand that moon clips are faster to reload than a speed loader but that's about the only advantage I can see to the 9mm over .38 Special.  9mm ammo might have a slight edge in availability (WOLF or Tula for cheap practice, etc) but .38 isn't hard to come by.

With that said, if Ruger had shortened the cylinder and frame to accommodate the shorter 9mm case, I think they'd be on to something.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm wondering if it will have an actual 9mm barrel. I'm not sure a thousandth would make much difference, but it was my understanding the old S&W 9mm revolver barrels were actually .357". I also hope they shorten the cylinder as some .38spl rounds lose some velocity when fired from .357 magnum pistols.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Will it be able to fire 9mm rounds without using moon clips just in case you are in a situation that you lost them or have none? You would then have to punch out each empty from the front of the cylinder with something but at least you would have the use of your gun....<><....:)

a 3" barrel option would be GREAT!!!!!....<><....;)
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will it be able to fire 9mm rounds without using moon clips just in case you are in a situation that you lost them or have none?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the reply...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder about the interest in the 9mm as a revolver cartridge.  Yeah, I understand that moon clips are faster to reload than a speed loader but that's about the only advantage I can see to the 9mm over .38 Special.  9mm ammo might have a slight edge in availability (WOLF or Tula for cheap practice, etc) but .38 isn't hard to come by.

With that said, if Ruger had shortened the cylinder and frame to accommodate the shorter 9mm case, I think they'd be on to something.
View Quote

People who don't want to stock another round.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I want one but can't build a solid argument for it other than just because. Arfcom tells me that is a good enough reason.

UPDATE: Got one. Been to the range three times with it. Keeper.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Why buy the 9mm version when 357 Mag is the same size weight and cost..  Had they shortened the cylinder and frame then it would make a compelling reason to get the 9mm version but since they did not, 357 seems like the better choice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Cause 9mm is cheap, I already shoot a ton of it.

Don't have to worry about packing extra ammo to the range. Lots of good 9mm duty loads out there.

I agree, would have been nice if they shortened the frame, but, now holsters are compatible. Carry the .357 And practice with the 9 if you like.

I will be nabbing a 9mm with boot grips for a jacket pocket gun ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#17]
At my LGS, they are $170 more than the .38 Spl.
Seems like a lot to me.
ETA:
DFW store

38-$400
357-$465
9mm-$570
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice idea and it appeals to me for some reason, but it's the same gun and it's not worth $170 more. That will keep me from buying one. I'd much prefer a .38 Special or even a .357 Mag chambering for $170 less....<><....:)
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At my LGS, they are $170 more than the .38 Spl.
Seems like a lot to me.
ETA:
DFW store

38-$400
357-$465
9mm-$570
View Quote

Probably just short-supply profiteering. Ruger's MSRP is the same for the 9mm and the .357.

I have the .357 version and like it, but rarely carry it because of the cylinder width.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if the cylinder width of the 9mm is going the be the same as the .357 Magnum LCR's? The frames look the same. If so it looks as it the .38 Spl LCR loaded with +P ammo is the winner, lighter than the .357 and the 9mm and a narrower cylinder perhaps....<><....:)
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
The only LCR i have yet is the 8 shot .22LR.
Packs well IWB,the cylinder is lots smaller than the centerfires.
Also have a SP101&Mod 37 S&W in snubbies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason I got rid of my LCR, but will be getting the LCR9 to replace it.  Great move by Ruger.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is hilarious...but I agree.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Is this for sale anywhere yet?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is this for sale anywhere yet?
View Quote

Yes. When I bought one a couple of weeks ago the LGS said mine was the fourth one sold at that store.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is my LCR 9mm. I bought this one for the wife. Less recoil, light for her bag. It can be used with the moon clips or without. You may have to use  a rod to get all the fired rounds out of the cylinder without the moon clips. We were able to shake the rounds out with out the clips at the range last week. The wife was able to hit a small body target at seven yards. This is not a target gun. I paid $500.00 for it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#27]
How much felt recoil than the LCR firing .38spl +P?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#28]
The wife had the same gun in 38 she states it is better in 9mm she can take the recoil..........
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The wife had the same gun in 38 she states it is better in 9mm she can take the recoil..........
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:39:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone else recently purchased the LCR 9mm or had a chance to shoot one? I am seriously considering buying one. I have always wanted a small revolver as a bug/backup but never wanted to purchase a extra caliber.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Wanted to bump this as I just picked one of these up.  Haven't heard much, but I really liked the .38 Special model I sold off years back.  If it shoots as well as that one I will be very happy.  The trigger feels just as nice as I remember.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wanted to bump this as I just picked one of these up.  Haven't heard much, but I really liked the .38 Special model I sold off years back.  If it shoots as well as that one I will be very happy.  The trigger feels just as nice as I remember.
View Quote

Please let us know how It shoots and how you like it once you get a chance to hit the range.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Got to fingerbang one yesterday at a LGS.

Its very light weight. Recoil gonna be snappy.

Wish they had given it a shrouded hammer like a S&W 638 instead of DAO.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

If sales are high enough I would think they might.  I know they came out with other hammered options for the .38/.357 models.  I do somewhat prefer the hammerless ones, as I would rather just keep it double action and not be tempted to train with single action.

ETA - yeah, I can't think it could be much worse than the .38 model I used to have.  After about 20 or so rounds, especially +P you could feel it in your hand.  Enough to where I started to flinch a little.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If sales are high enough I would think they might.  I know they came out with other hammered options for the .38/.357 models.  I do somewhat prefer the hammerless ones, as I would rather just keep it double action and not be tempted to train with single action.

ETA - yeah, I can't think it could be much worse than the .38 model I used to have.  After about 20 or so rounds, especially +P you could feel it in your hand.  Enough to where I started to flinch a little.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pfffft. I've got the .357 version, It's not that bad, but it is stout. 10 .357s is about all I ever shoot at a time, but it's a pussycat with .38s.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got back from the range testing the LCR vs the 26 (picked up the LCR last Friday).  I was shooting 124gr up to 147 in each one, and the LCR is definitely more snappy than the 26.  I was shooting high and left at first with the LCR, but after a couple chamber fulls I was getting closer to where I wanted.  Five rounds does go by really quickly though, and the moon clips were a piece of cake to use (first time with those).  I haven't shot the 38 or 357 versions of the LCR, so I can't really give a comparison to either one of those.

" />

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Bring back the SP101 in 9mm please!!!  Ruger seems to be abandoning their traditional line to free up production to make this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd really like to see a side-by-side comparison between the LCR in .38spl vs 9mm in terms of accuracy. I've got a Ruger blackhawk .45 LC/.45 acp convertible, and while I don't see any difference in accuracy between .45 LC and .45 acp I'd heard several people complain about the accuracy differences of the .357/9mm blackhawks as they're not exactly the same size slug. Also the forcing cone of the revolver has to be just the right size as the auto pistol slug has to 'jump' to reach the end of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Just purchased the 9mm LCR today and have an XS small dot tritium post, coming for the front sight duties.

I got one because Im consolidating calibers. Sold a S&W 360 of 10 years and decided to make this my new "always" gun.

I have GLOCKS in 9mm and as such, this is the perfect companion revolver.

Accuracy will be found to be minute of bad guy and all I want from this gun is something I can employ from 7 yards in. A true "get off me gun" that can be used from a pants pocket, Smart Carry holster or jacket pocket.

It seems to be perfection for what I'm wanting and selling my 13 oz. Scandium / Titanium wonder gun, was not done without much thought.

Got a desantis nemesis pocket holster inbound as well as more full moon clips and cartridge strips for additional ammo options.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just purchased the 9mm LCR today and have an XS small dot tritium post, coming for the front sight duties.

I got one because Im consolidating calibers. Sold a S&W 360 of 10 years and decided to make this my new "always" gun.

I have GLOCKS in 9mm and as such, this is the perfect companion revolver.

Accuracy will be found to be minute of bad guy and all I want from this gun is something I can employ from 7 yards in. A true "get off me gun" that can be used from a pants pocket, Smart Carry holster or jacket pocket.

It seems to be perfection for what I'm wanting and selling my 13 oz. Scandium / Titanium wonder gun, was not done without much thought.

Got a desantis nemesis pocket holster inbound as well as more full moon clips and cartridge strips for additional ammo options.

View Quote

Please let us know how it shoots and your impressions on the gun. I want one for the same exact reasons you bought yours.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top