Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 11:28:29 PM EDT
I really don't like the black blade front sight on my Mark III. It's hard to pick up in all but perfect, bright conditions, and if I'm shooting at a black target, forget it. What are my options? The Hi-Viz sights I've seen say they don't work with the threaded barrel model.

Also..I was kind of thinking that a 2-dot rear sight would be nice..is that worth it or do most of y'all keep the factory black rear sight, even if you swap out the front sight for a fiber optic one or whatever?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You could always paint the front sight with white, bright orange, bright green, etc. paint, which is what I do. I keep the stock rear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought these, not from TK, but from amazon.com and a pair from Midway or Brownells, I can't remember. I like them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the Dawson fiber optic front on my Lite.  They have a wide assortment of heights and widths to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really like the Dawson fiber optic front on my Lite.  They have a wide assortment of heights and widths to choose from.

View Quote
If a front sight fits the Lite, it should fit the regular heavy threaded barrel, shouldn't it?

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If a front sight fits the Lite, it should fit the regular heavy threaded barrel, shouldn't it?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlike the Lite, the barrel on the steel threaded is not the same diameter as the rest of the upper receiver.   So, the same front sight would sit a bit lower on the steel  threaded.  I have no idea whether there's enough adjustment in the rear sight to compensate.  Regardless, Dawson can set you up with the right one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top