Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2014 6:10:44 PM EDT
Just picked up my LC9s today. Sights are...mehh.
Do you guys recommend these sights?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything you read about the TFO sights is true.  They are quite bright in both day and night.  
I have them on a couple Glocks and yes, they work well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everything you read about the TFO sights is true.  They are quite bright in both day and night.  
View Quote

Could you post a pic or two of them in dim and bright light?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanted the XS Big Dots for my brand new LC9s because they are the best defensive sights I have found for a handgun. I have them on my Glock 30s and wanted them for my LC9s but they only make them with the tritium front dot and a white line rear sight, no tritium rear sight. I called and they said there is not enough metal in the rear sight of the LC9S to meet the requirements set by our over intrusive government on the tritium (because of it's radioactive nature).
The stock issue sights seem OK so I will try them for a while. I hope XS Big Dot sights figure out a way to make a tritium rear sight for the LC9s....<><....:)
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

go to the Glock section here and look at the pinned sight picture thread.  there are probbaly a hundred pics of TFO's in day and night conditions.  Yes, they are Glocks but you will see what you're looking for.+
Check Google images too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wanted the XS Big Dots for my brand new LC9s because they are the best defensive sights I have found for a handgun. I have them on my Glock 30s and wanted them for my LC9s but they only make them with the tritium front dot and a white line rear sight, no tritium rear sight. I called and they said there is not enough metal in the rear sight of the LC9S to meet the requirements set by our over intrusive government on the tritium (because of it's radioactive nature).
The stock issue sights seem OK so I will try them for a while. I hope XS Big Dot sights figure out a way to make a tritium rear sight for the LC9s....<><....:)
View Quote

Thanks for posting this info, I didnt know the rear wasnt Tritium.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Novak makes front and rear tritium sights for the Ruger LC9 series pistol. the front sight even looks like an express Big dot.

http://shopruger.com/Sights-Lights-Lasers/products/1243/
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Product reviewers report problem with the XS Big Dot sights on the LC9: That the sights do not readily fit the slide without gunsmithing and that the firearm then hits 4-5" below POA. Not good.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have XS Big Dot sights on my LC9 and had to get a smith to install them but they are dead on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Product reviewers report problem with the XS Big Dot sights on the LC9: That the sights do not readily fit the slide without gunsmithing and that the firearm then hits 4-5" below POA. Not good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you give us some links to the problems you refer to? I have never seen or heard or them before. Do they really exist?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"Product reviewers report problem with the XS Big Dot sights on the LC9: That the sights do not readily fit the slide without gunsmithing and that the firearm then hits 4-5" below POA. Not good."

I had mt Big dots installed where I purchased them, the gunsmith said they were more difficult than most to install.
Mine are just opposite, they hit 4 inches high of POA. Not a big deal for me as long as you know where to hold.... you hit what you aim at. ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top