Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2014 11:13:16 AM EDT
My wife surprised me with an early birthday present:

I don't get to shoot it until August, though!
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet pistol.... I have one.
It's only got about 100 rounds thru it but, I like it... no issues.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I intend only 2 mods to it: ivory grip panels (I'm a sucker for ivory grips!) & a threaded barrel so I can use it with my Osprey.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be in the market for a new 1911 around Christmas and have heard nothing but good about these.  Doing a search here comes up with them pretty quick.  Follow up with a range report when you get the time.  By the way, you have a great wife to buy you such a gift.  My birthday last month was spent alone with a glass of Jack on the rocks.  Congrats on the new toy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Good looking gun.

I've had a few 1911s, and all but the Colt were great guns, and right now my carry gun is a RIA GI. It eats anything, and is a great little gun, but there are things that I want to upgrade. It will be just as cheap to keep the RIA and give it to my son and buy the Ruger as it would to have all the upgrades done, even if I do them.

I have yet to see a bad report on the Ruger, and they look great. Accuracy seems to be well above their price range as well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, Happy Birthday.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.....I would almost trade my Series 70 Gold Cup for one of those.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
A truly sweet machine. With handloads this past weekend, at

30' I managed 5 shots touching each other.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.....I would almost trade my Series 70 Gold Cup for one of those.
View Quote

You would be sadly disappointed.

The Ruger is a nice pistol, but lets not get carried away.

Your Colt will always be worth near what you paid for it, esp a series 70.

The Ruger, well, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a very generous gift certificate last Friday and picked one of those up at Cabelas this weekend.  I stripped, cleaned, and lubricated it….but haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet.  I'm very impressed with the quality for the dollar spent.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one last night, picking it up on Thursday, and will probably take it out to shoot on Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top