Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2014 6:36:26 PM EDT
I just picked up another LCR in .38spl today, took off the grip and saw it had no lock. My original Talo Navy LCR in .38 had one and all the LCRs I've seen have them as well. This LCR has a March 2014 test fire date so I'm wondering when they stopped putting them in.

How my original looked.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
My May,2012 .22lr still has one.
I did not know about a lock,never read the owners book.Thx.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My May,2012 .22lr still has one.
I did not know about a lock,never read the owners book.Thx.
View Quote

They've always had them, but I was surprised when I took my grip off this one. I posted this on another forum and some say it may be when Ruger decided to stop selling to California. I'm not sure about that since they probably still have lock models for nanny states, but I'm not complaining that they decided to leave them off for the rest of us. Since Ruger joined S&W in stopping sales to CA, maybe S&W will learn something and do the same to their revolvers. One can hope at least.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to know. The internal lock on my LCR-357 is the only thing I actually dislike about it. Other than that, I love the little gun.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My recently bought lcr 357 has no lock. Bought in CA. They are on the roster still. CA doesn't require internal locks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top