Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2014 7:55:02 PM EDT
Just picked up an SP101 to go with P95, pics coming soon.  I got the DAO in 2.25" .357mag.  While fondling it I noticed there's a jingling sound that sounds like it's coming from the trigger area.  It makes this sound with the cylinder closed or open.    I don't remember the display model doing that.  Normal or is it possible that something is loose?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'll be taking it down later for a cleaning maybe I'll find something there.  Also, the jingling stops when I pull the trigger and hold it.  Lastly, the pic:

Edit II:  Problem solved.  Jiggly transfer bar.  Never noticed it in other revolvers.  

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p708/Scotxs80/closed_zps81f17e10.jpg
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, don't worry about it, just shoot it.

If you're not into reloading, 38/357 is a good easy place to start.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. I love the SP101.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's part of the transfer bar safety system, they all do that, no worries.  My GP100's do it also.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reassurance.  Taking it out Friday, pretty geeked.  Never shot a revolver before.  Actually, I just finished my reloading bench and have a Lee single stage press to start with.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reassurance.  Taking it out Friday, pretty geeked.  Never shot a revolver before.  Actually, I just finished my reloading bench and have a Lee single stage press to start with.
View Quote

Do you shoot "thumbs forward" with pistols?   Be careful with that on a small 357.  Keep fingers away from barrel / cylinder gap.  You can use the support thumb over your fining hand for support.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you shoot "thumbs forward" with pistols?   Be careful with that on a small 357.  Keep fingers away from barrel / cylinder gap.  You can use the support thumb over your fining hand for support.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I normally do.    Thanks for the tip.  I've been dry firing the SP watching my hand placement.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah I normally do.    Thanks for the tip.  I've been dry firing the SP watching my hand placement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry. It's a mistake you'd only make once.

On a serious note. Pick up a copy of The Snubby Revolver by Ed Lovette. Outstanding read.

Michael de Bethencourt's site.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! I love my SP101
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The first SP101 I had I bought used. It had the jiggle. Also had some very sharp edges. Ended up trading that one in. Year later bought another(this passed September). This time brand new. No jiggle, no sharp edges.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine has the rattle too. I never paid it any mind. I've had it completely stripped for cleanings many times and never found anything wrong.
I've had a SP101 for years. A great stop sign and concealed carry in my Bianchi 3S IWB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top