Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2014 10:16:53 PM EDT
It's so easy to carry and shoots so well that I'm having a hard time making myself carry anything bigger.  Before I would usually carry the G26 or if I was just running out, I'd grab a .38 snub.  Now I keep reaching for the LCP.  What do I do??
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell the hard kickin lcp and put the cash towards a sig P938. The capability of a g26 with the size (roughly) of a lcp.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The little LCP is nice, I carry mine all the time, just stick it in my pocket! If you like the LCP but want a little more power check out the LC9!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Think that's good ? carry the LC9 then it's awesome
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I quit carrying my G23 and G27 as well.

The LCP is wonderful.

I may attempt to drill and tap a front site hole for a night sight sometime.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sell the hard kickin lcp and put the cash towards a sig P938. The capability of a g26 with the size (roughly) of a lcp.
View Quote

I don't know why the LCP got a rep for being hard kicking or hard to shoot.  I think its easy to shoot, way easier than the Seecamp .32 or the Colt Cobra .38 even with target loads.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The little LCP is nice, I carry mine all the time, just stick it in my pocket! If you like the LCP but want a little more power check out the LC9!
View Quote

Are there any trigger options for the LC9 to help with the horribly long trigger reset?  My wife is wanting to stop carrying hers because when practicing she practically has to release the trigger to get it to reset.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same boat. I've been carrying the shit out of my LCP that I picked up recently. My G19 is getting lonely in the safe. The LCP goes with a lot of the time when I just wouldn't bother to carry. For the places I can't carry, the LCP in a pocket holster or even IWB is easier to unkit and leave in the truck than taking off and putting back on the Glock kit.

The gun you have with you is better than the gun you leave at home, and all that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are there any trigger options for the LC9 to help with the horribly long trigger reset?  My wife is wanting to stop carrying hers because when practicing she practically has to release the trigger to get it to reset.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the galloway trigger bar reduces overall pull by 35% and reset is sooner as well. if ruger had designed these with that trigger bar there wouldnt be any threads about how bad the lc9 trigger is. Personally i liked the original trigger pull but changed to the galloway bar when i saw there latest drop in bar going for only $35. several hundred rounds later im really loving it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I just picked one up yesterday.  I've been putting it in my pocket, and it doesn't even feel like there's anything there.  I love it already.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone tried that laserlyte that mounts to the side of your LCP?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dad has the Crimson Trace one that mounts the same way, works fine. Veridian also makes a laser as well as a flashlight for it, two different models though, no combo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the galloway trigger bar reduces overall pull by 35% and reset is sooner as well. if ruger had designed these with that trigger bar there wouldnt be any threads about how bad the lc9 trigger is. Personally i liked the original trigger pull but changed to the galloway bar when i saw there latest drop in bar going for only $35. several hundred rounds later im really loving it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just went to their website and the trigger is listed at 45.  Where did you see it listed for 35?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't know why the LCP got a rep for being hard kicking or hard to shoot.  I think its easy to shoot, way easier than the Seecamp .32 or the Colt Cobra .38 even with target loads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bought the LCP for my wife's carry gun.  She liked the size and feel.  I was concerned that it would be to "snappy" for her (but I wanted one too, heh), so we borrowed a 9mm shield from a friend.  Had my wife shoot both, thinking she'd like the shield better (which I wanted her to carry...9mm>380).   Much to my surprise, she felt the LCP had less recoil than the shield.  She initially shot the shield better (more accurately), but she stated that she still likes, and wants to keep, the LCP as her CCW gun.

As an aside, I've been carrying her LCP until her permit comes in.  I must say, I've really fallen in love with the "toss it in the holster, and toss it in my pocket" aspect.  Super easy to simply forget it's there.  Quite a bit different than my thick carry belt, M&P9C, MTAC holster, and a couple of extra mags.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Me too!

The LCP is just so nice to carry.  It disappears and you forget about it quickly.

It has made all my other carry gunz obsolete (for carry).

A little bit of practice with the LCP has made me confident of its abilities.  It is different than other guns when it comes to shooting, but it can be done with a little practice.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Buy another ...gen 2 stainless
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#16]
The newer LCP's trigger is so much better than the original. If I didn't have designs on a G30S, I'd look into getting another LCP in stainless.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just picked one up yesterday.  I've been putting it in my pocket, and it doesn't even feel like there's anything there.  I love it already.
View Quote

Ditto. Got a stainless one yesterday. I love it. I replaced the factory recoil spring and guide rod with a Galloway 13# setup.
In my pocket as I type this. Money well spent.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]
This thread made me go out and buy one.  Thanks guys.  It is nice to carry and not feel like I'm tugging around a boat anchor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have one on my LCP and my LC9. Great little lasers. The best thing is they work with most standard holsters. You don't have to buy a special one because you have a laser hanging on the front.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can the SIG938 use 17rd magazines?

Didn't think so.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top