Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2013 7:20:07 AM EDT
Ruger finally came out with a factory threaded barrel version of the SR22 pistol. I should have mine on Monday!

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Good news! Only 11 months late!
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Oooh, I need the drop-in replacement accessory. Gonna do my first can.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i will have this ASAP

Damn they could throw in a thread protector
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.. Nice.  I just picked one up last month.  Now this comes out.  Argh.... Any word on  a drop in barrel.  Will take a suggestion or two on a suppressor.  Good brand with a good price.  Im happy with the handgun.  Accurate and easy takedown
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Just picked mine up this morning. Can't wait to shoot it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
just saw the announcement from ruger. Now just need to see what the price is for the threaded version. I have the regular one and was thinking of just getting the drop in barrel but I think I will just order a second one. Our current one is a great little pistol! FOr those that already got their threaded barrel SR22s, what is the going price on them? I'm hoping they didn't do a huge price increase over the regular version.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just saw the announcement from ruger. Now just need to see what the price is for the threaded version. I have the regular one and was thinking of just getting the drop in barrel but I think I will just order a second one. Our current one is a great little pistol! FOr those that already got their threaded barrel SR22s, what is the going price on them? I'm hoping they didn't do a huge price increase over the regular version.

I paid $396.00 for mine, but that was after shipping, tax, FFL fee etc..
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks so I'll assume that put the sale price at around $350-$360. That sounds reasonable so I'm going to be looking for one in stock locally this weekend. Can't wait to try out my SS sparrow on one!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
checked all over town and could not find a threaded version in stock. Everyone said the same thing... high demand item so no idea on when they will be getting some. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer

I wonder if Ruger is offering the drop in barrels since complete guns are not in the cards any time soon?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like they are doing a two tone version with a silver anodized slide, and another one with a purple frame / black slide too.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#11]
just picked one up today.  I was looking at either a 10mm Glock for me or a 22 semi-auto for everyone in the family to shoot..... went with the 22 -

really good feeling gun.  has the threaded barrel which is really an interchangeable set up.  really like it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know if Ruger is selling just the threaded barrel for people who previously bought the standard model?
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 4:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Call Ruger Customer Service and ask, that's who would have them for sale if they are available. I got fed up with waiting after 7 months and bought an aftermarket barrel for mine. It works great and runs like a top with either my SS Sparrow or aluminum Stratus. Make sure you order a thread protector with the the barrel, or you'll booger up the threads when the can isn't attached. I'm pretty sure it won't come with the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I had mine threaded about 6 months ago because I couldn't wait for the factory version to come out. Also, I was at my LGS yesterday and saw he had the factory threaded model for $439

That purple model is quite the sight.

Here is mine with the Sparrow SS
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#15]
thats a good looking SR22 setup you have there. I have a regular SR22 but was planning on just getting another one that comes threaded. If I can't find one, maybe I will have to just see if I can get one from Ruger although I suspect it won't be cheap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone know if Ruger is selling just the threaded barrel for people who previously bought the standard model?

Here are the Ruger part #'s:

Threaded Barrel KAX00610
Barrel Cap KAX03650
Adapter AX03655
Adapter Flat Wrench AX07660
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threaded Barrel KAX00610
Barrel Cap KAX03650
Adapter AX03655

Have you any idea of the pricing on all those parts?

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:48:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threaded Barrel KAX00610
Barrel Cap KAX03650
Adapter AX03655

Have you any idea of the pricing on all those parts?

No idea on pricing. Part numbers came out of the parts breakdown in the owners manual that came with my Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:52:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep.. Nice.  I just picked one up last month.  Now this comes out.  Argh.... Any word on  a drop in barrel.  Will take a suggestion or two on a suppressor.  Good brand with a good price.  Im happy with the handgun.  Accurate and easy takedown

In order or descending price:

AAC Element II
SilencerCo Sparrow II
SWR Spectre II
Gemtech Outback IID

All very good cans.  You pay $200 tax stamp no matter if you buy a $250 can or a $600 can.  So buy a can for life.  The suppressors that are over the $400 price mark are typically very advanced with supperior quieting and durability that the cheaper cans do not have.  Added bennefit is they are lighter weight too.  You don't want to have a big weight on the end of the barrel of something as light as the SR22.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the ss sparrow and love it. Works great on my 10/22 and the huge plus is it is very easy to take down and clean. As mentioned, with the high price of the rax stamp... cheaper is usually not the smart play. Save up for a good one that can be taken apart to clean and you will end up happy in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought the one without threaded barrel, I had a gut instinct to wait since I new they would have one in 2013, because 2245 light had one.  Oh well.  I guess I can sell mine and get the threaded, unless a barrel alone will be sold.  Not sure yet, what suppresor to get.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, I bought mine about 3 weeks ago. Decided to remove the thread protector and it will NOT come off. Any tricks to it? Anyone else encounter this problem?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, I bought mine about 3 weeks ago. Decided to remove the thread protector and it will NOT come off. Any tricks to it? Anyone else encounter this problem?

Mine was VERY tight, but it did come off. Try soaking it in some oil for a while and the try again.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#24]
SR22 with AAC Element= LOTS of smiles at the range. I just wish I could shoot it more. Every time I go to the range I cant get it away form the wife, then the kids, then everyone else who's there. Before I know it my ammo is gone.

FYI- First time out with it supressed, CCI subsonics, the take down lever blew apart. Has happened to others. Replaced it with the $20 Twin Tech lever and not a problem since. Hopefully Ruger has addressed the issue now that they are offering supressor ready versions. Runs alot dirtier than my Buckmark with TacSol barrel. Buckmarks trigger is better too but the SR22 sights, controls, and mags are much nicer.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Sure wish I could find them locally. Nobody in DFW seems to ever have them in stock when I check. Maybe I will have to try a gun show to see if someone has them in stock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I got mine last year with out thread.  I ahd a gut feeling they would be coming out since the light had a threaded barrel.  Oh well.  Hopefully the barrell will be an accessory.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Twin Tech makes an aftermarket, drop in threaded barrel for the SR22's. I got one when I got tired of waiting on Ruger to keep thier promise (only took 11 months) and it has worked like a charm. If you get frustrated trying to find a threaded SR22, you might consider getting a non-threaded one and buying the barrel like I did. Might be a bit more money, but that's generally the price of frustration & impatience.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Got mine today, $370 including tax. Shooting tomorrow

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm thinking about getting one of these. LGS has them for $369 and the LE store said $325, but they don't have them in stock and I'm not sure if it with the threaded bbl or not. The $369 price is threaded. Now I need to get that Trust set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top