Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2012 3:31:03 PM EDT
I love everything about my LC9 except for the LONG trigger pull in which I just can't get used to, mostly because I shoot Glocks a lot. So, are there any reliable aftermarket trigger parts that will shorten the length of pull? I do not want to decrease the pull weight much if any because I carry with the safety off, but I would not mind losing a few pounds.
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I love everything about my LC9 except for the LONG trigger pull in which I just can't get used to, mostly because I shoot Glocks a lot. So, are there any reliable aftermarket trigger parts that will shorten the length of pull? I do not want to decrease the pull weight much if any because I carry with the safety off, but I would not mind losing a few pounds.

Look HERE
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Always makes me nervous when you have that many misspellings on someone's website. I know their webmaster likely isnt a gunsmith but if thats their attention to detail
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Always makes me nervous when you have that many misspellings on someone's website. I know their webmaster likely isnt a gunsmith but if thats their attention to detail

Eric and Debbie run this in their spare time. He has a full time job.

It is what it is.

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish they would get these in stock, not a big fan of sending my parts out,  I always forget how to put them back in after a few days.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish they would get these in stock, not a big fan of sending my parts out,  I always forget how to put them back in after a few days.

You can actually buy the parts from Ruger and send them to Galloway for modification. They don't really cost that much.

Or you can do like I did and just sell the LC9.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can actually buy the parts from Ruger and send them to Galloway for modification. They don't really cost that much.

Ruger will no longer sell these parts separately, they require you ship them the frame and they install the parts. I have been unable to find the factory parts anywhere else. It's a frustrating situation. It seems Galloway is losing a ton of business by taking forever to make the custom parts available.
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruger will no longer sell these parts separately, they require you ship them the frame and they install the parts. I have been unable to find the factory parts anywhere else. It's a frustrating situation. It seems Galloway is losing a ton of business by taking forever to make the custom parts available.

Time to sell the Ruger!  
Link Posted: 7/9/2012 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Echoing the frustrations here as well.

The only reason I'm not selling this thing is because:

A)  I have an M&P .40 as a "backup" to carry.
B)  I want to try the mods before I decide I don't like it.  

But I am definitely NOT liking the length of trigger pull and the weight of the pull as well.  Hoping these mods will fix that, cuz I do like the gun.

EDIT:

Found this site after stumbling across some YouTube videos:
http://www.powershovel.com/

Here's a comparison chart as to which mods give you which benefits (kinda nice):
http://www.powershovel.com/message10.htm

So at this point, I'm looking at the following as mods:
1. Reduced power springs from Galloway
2. Galloway SS guide rod
3.  Galloway 20 lb. recoil spring
4.  Short Stroke trigger from Power Shovel (link above)
5.  Galloway hammer, when they become available.

From the looks of things, I should be able to put all this in without modifying the hammer transfer bar.  I'll make the decision to do that only if necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top