Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2011 4:40:29 AM EDT
Who else is getting one?   Looks like a nice upgrade.
http://www.gallowayprecision

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNnFsGEIbg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll definitely get one when they come out.  It says they start shipping 11/21.  If click add to cart for the LC9 part, it adds an LCI part.

Edit;  BTW, thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll definitely get one when they come out.  It says they start shipping 11/21.  If click add to cart for the LC9 part, it adds an LCI part.

You can order now (I ordered this morning) but they ship Monday.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I like the LC9 alot and this should make it a much nicer shooting gun.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can order now (I ordered this morning) but they ship Monday.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I like the LC9 alot and this should make it a much nicer shooting gun.

Okay, mine is on order.  Any idea why they call it an LCI hammer?  I tried to call them, but no answer.  I'll try again later, or send an email.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, mine is on order.  Any idea why they call it an LCI hammer?  I tried to call them, but no answer.  I'll try again later, or send an email.

Wow, Eric saw that he had missed my call, and actually called me, even though I left no message.  Great costumer service!  He's very knowledgeable, and answered some other general questions I had about the LC9.  The LCI thing on the web order form is a typo that I'm sure will be fixed directly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, Eric saw that he had missed my call, and actually called me, even though I left no message.  Great costumer service!  He's very knowledgeable, and answered some other general questions I had about the LC9.  The LCI thing on the web order form is a typo that I'm sure will be fixed directly.

He posts over on the Ruger foum.  Seems to be a really solid guy.  Looks there there is some other good LC9 stuff on the way.  Hard to beat that kind of personal service.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn Double Tap.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine the way it is.I'd be interested to see how you guys like the kit though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, parts came in the mail yesterday.  I also ordered a heavier recoil spring set.  In fact, I called Eric Monday and asked for the springs as an afterthought.  He had my hammer already set to mail, and was kind enough to add the springs to the envelope in advance of my payment.  Order Monday- receive Wednesday.  Can't complain about that.  Thanks again Eric!

Anyway, installed the hammer this morning, with only one hiccup.  Eric mentions several times in the video that if you're not careful removing your punch with the new hammer installed, you will bring grief upon yourself.  He is correct.  

Here is a better explanation.  Look at items 15,16, and 17 HERE.

#16 pushes on pin #10 with quite a bit of force, and it is cone-shaped.  It wants very much to escape between your punch and the pin, which has a slight chamfer on the end.  Make sure your punch is the same diameter as the hole, and hold the pin and the punch together as you work them through.  If you hear a little snap, you're screwed.  The spring and follower completely block the hole, and there is no way to push it back.  #15 fits into a blind hole.  I found a piece of plastic the diameter of the pin hole and made a little slug that fit in #15 to hold the spring out of the way.  Then I pushed the slug out with the pin, while working from the other side with a sharp probe.  As mentioned, it was a pain in the ass.  Hopefully, this will help.

As for function, it's everything he promised.  The trigger is much improved.    Range report coming soon...
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I fired a couple mags through it, and it functioned flawlessly.  My initial impression is that the heavier springs made it a bit less snappy.  The bad news is, the plastic guide rod broke.  half of "head" broke away.  It seems that the new spring coils around a little farther at the end, so that the end of the wire creates a high spot on one side.  The old spring is flat on the end.  I ordered the SS guide rod that I should have ordered in the first place.  I'm going to call Eric tomorrow and recomend that he doesn't sell the springs without the rod.  Trigger is all good.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I fired a couple mags through it, and it functioned flawlessly.  My initial impression is that the heavier springs made it a bit less snappy.  The bad news is, the plastic guide rod broke.  half of "head" broke away.  It seems that the new spring coils around a little farther at the end, so that the end of the wire creates a high spot on one side.  The old spring is flat on the end.  I ordered the SS guide rod that I should have ordered in the first place.  I'm going to call Eric tomorrow and recomend that he doesn't sell the springs without the rod.  Trigger is all good.

Thanks for the Report!  I'm waiting impatiently for mine to arrive today.  I think Eric has some other goodies for us coming soon. Trigger bars and springs that will let us tune the trigger even further.

UPDATE:

Got my hammer today.  Took about an hour to install it while watching the video and working carefully.  As advertised the reset is MUCH shorter and the pull feels just a bit lighter.  I'll be ordering lighter springs and new trigger bar as they become available.  I'd say it was worth the time and money spent.
Link Posted: 11/30/2011 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the Report!  I'm waiting impatiently for mine to arrive today.  I think Eric has some other goodies for us coming soon. Trigger bars and springs that will let us tune the trigger even further.

UPDATE:

Got my hammer today.  Took about an hour to install it while watching the video and working carefully.  As advertised the reset is MUCH shorter and the pull feels just a bit lighter.  I'll be ordering lighter springs and new trigger bar as they become available.  I'd say it was worth the time and money spent.

Nuther update:  Got my new SS guide rod today, (a work of art), and fired about 30 rounds.  Good news, the hammer upgrade has made me a much better shot with my LC9.  My hand are big, and the stock trigger sucked for me.  I talked to Eric Monday, and he hopes to have the new trigger bars available in a couple of weeks.  They are now advertised on his web site.  Also, he will buy back your old hammer for $7.50.

Bad news, the new 20 lb spring set I bought is going back.  As previously mentioned, my plastic guide rod broke in the first 14 rounds.  After replacing it and finishing off the box, (Winchester Rangers, so a bit hot), the spring set is about 1/4" shorter than the stock springs.  Uncompressed, they barely reach the end of the guide rod.  I don't trust them to hold the slide in battery.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Galloway Precision now has the Shrot throw-Early break trigger bar. up on the site.  Moves the break forward and shortens it as well.  I ordered mine this morning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Galloway Precision now has the Shrot throw-Early break trigger bar. up on the site.  Moves the break forward and shortens it as well.  I ordered mine this morning.

Thanks!  Been waiting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I got my trigger bar today, and it didn't work.  It wouldn't push the hammer catch forward, out of the way.  The hammer would only drop forward back to the half-cocked position.  I sure liked where the pull started, and the hammer released though.  I'll be calling Eric tomorrow.  Hopefully, it's just the one I got, which would be typical.  

eta: As the trigger pushes the hammer from half, to full cocked prior to release, the hammer pushes the catch forward.  When the hammer is all the way back, the catch is forward, out of the way.  The new trigger bar releases the hammer before it's all the way back.  Consequently, the catch isn't forward enough, and the hammer lands back on it again.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I got an email from Eric earlier.  There is a problem with the bars....drop him a note or give him a call and he will get you a replacement out.  I'm really impressed with the way he stands behind his products.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Very interested in how things shake out for you.  If you can get your gun running with the new trigger bars, I'll probably try to order one (plus the modified hammer obviously.)
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Eric just called me, to let me know that there was a problem.  He was very much embarrassed and apologetic.  He had realized the mistake almost as soon as the parts were shipped, and had been calling everyone that got one ever since.  He said to throw the one I got away, and the new ones will be shipped Monday.  After feeling the trigger with no pre-travel,  I can't wait!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Very interested in how things shake out for you.  If you can get your gun running with the new trigger bars, I'll probably try to order one (plus the modified hammer obviously.)

I would go ahead and order the hammer if I were you.  Demand is greater than his supply, and it's a great upgrade all by itself.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Eric just called me, to let me know that there was a problem.  He was very much embarrassed and apologetic.  He had realized the mistake almost as soon as the parts were shipped, and had been calling everyone that got one ever since.  He said to throw the one I got away, and the new ones will be shipped Monday.  After feeling the trigger with no pre-travel,  I can't wait!

Do you still have the new Bar in?  Would you care to post a video?  I'd love to see how much difference it makes.  By this time next week I should know :-)
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you still have the new Bar in?  Would you care to post a video?  I'd love to see how much difference it makes.  By this time next week I should know :-)

No, sorry.  But I can tell you that there was near zero pre-travel, and maybe 3/8" total.  That's just a guess, and it will change with the new bar.  Honestly, it felt almost like a single action.  When I get the new one next week, I'll try to do a before/after video.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, sorry.  But I can tell you that there was near zero pre-travel, and maybe 3/8" total.  That's just a guess, and it will change with the new bar.  Honestly, it felt almost like a single action.  When I get the new one next week, I'll try to do a before/after video.

Excellent! Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#24]
OK, got it!  First video is upgraded hammer only...

Second video, with new trigger bar...

Link Posted: 1/12/2012 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Money well spent.   First 7 rounds, 7 yards <10 seconds.  Would have done good to ht the plate seven times before.

Link Posted: 1/21/2012 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Awesome, thanks for the vids!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I have had the Galloway hammer and trigger bar for about a month and haven't been able to get the trigger bar to work.  Following Eric's tips on the Ruger forum I was finally able to make the last mods to get it to work.  The trigger feels amazingly better.  If you are hesitant about buying the parts, don't be.  My issues seem to be the same as a few other guys out there who have slightly out of spec trigger assemblies.  Eric seems to think it's about 1 out of 100 or so he says on other threads.  I still have to go test for light strikes and put some rounds through it, but I am super excited to make this thing way more shootable.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Just shot another 30 rounds or so out of mine with my new 18# recoil springs.  Much less flt recoil.  I now have about 200 rounds on the hammer and trigger bar.  Zero malfunctions.  Awesome.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Tagged for upgrades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top