it will be my 1st kimber and honestly dont know much about them
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By WillyPete89:
Have the chance to pick up a NIB custom crimson carry ii for $750
just curious if there are any downsides to this model
it will be my 1st kimber and honestly dont know much about them
View Quote
I know this thread is from last month but wanted to help the gentleman. I have the same model Kimber and love it...Only thing about Kimber's it only likes certain ammunition like Federal and you have to break in the handgun at the range with couple of rounds to make it like ammunition. Taking down the weapon is some what hard but you'll get use to it but make sure you don't do the idiot scratch while taking the slide off.  

I use Federal ball point 230 grain and it shoots it just fine with no issues and I use Winchester Ranger-T's self defense 230 grain as well with no issues when firing at the range as long the range owner allows self defense ammo to be shot there. 

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top