Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 8:28:43 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 10mm 1911 and have narrowed it down to the colt delta elite rail gun, sig tacops 10mm and the tle/rl II.

I'm just looking for experience and opinions on the tle/rl II ( and any of the others I mentioned if you have it)

This is sort of a cross post from the 1911 sub forum but I thought I might get some more owners feedback here on the kimber and I honestly just like the looks of the kimber best.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By sovaprepper:
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 10mm 1911 and have narrowed it down to the colt delta elite rail gun, sig tacops 10mm and the tle/rl II.

I'm just looking for experience and opinions on the tle/rl II ( and any of the others I mentioned if you have it)

This is sort of a cross post from the 1911 sub forum but I thought I might get some more owners feedback here on the kimber and I honestly just like the looks of the kimber best.
View Quote

I have same questions, but I am also looking at Colt and Ruger.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Southrnshooter] [#2]
I'm going with Ruger.  Read to many reviews of the new Delta where the old issues are still prevalent.

Ruger has the ramped and bushingless barrel.  That's enough to convince me.  Plus I already have the 45 version and it's been GREAT..!

OP, of your choices, I would go with the SIG.  I have no experience with that model Kimber, but my one Kimber 1911 needed $150 worth of Wilson parts to run right.  I'm not against Kimber, I just think they make an occasional lemon more often than other gun makers.  And my experience with their CS has been less than stellar.

10mm is any gun, especially the 1911 frame is going to be more than challenging.  If it were me, I would go with someone that has a little better chance at getting it right the first time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Southrnshooter:
I'm going with Ruger.  Read to many reviews of the new Delta where the old issues are still prevalent.

Ruger has the ramped and bushingless barrel.  That's enough to convince me.  Plus I already have the 45 version and it's been GREAT..!

OP, of your choices, I would go with the SIG.  I have no experience with that model Kimber, but my one Kimber 1911 needed $150 worth of Wilson parts to run right.  I'm not against Kimber, I just think they make an occasional lemon more often than other gun makers.  And my experience with their CS has been less than stellar.

10mm is any gun, especially the 1911 frame is going to be more than challenging.  If it were me, I would go with someone that has a little better chance at getting it right the first time.
View Quote
You are probably right, I honestly just like the kimber so much aesthetically speaking that I think I'm going to take the gamble on it. If I have to tune it a little I'll do it
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been eyeing the Sig & Kimber myself as well as the Eclipse and a few others.  I'm not a Ruger fan, due to some previous issues with their guns, so they're out. Colt's CS is lousy at best (based on experience as well). I like the Sig, but am sort of turned off by the external extractor, though ever review I've read says that's not a problem.  I have two TLEs (Custom & Ultra) in .45 and love them both.  As I really like stainless for durability, I'm leaning towards the Eclipse.

It's trendy to bash Kimbers online, but those of us that own them, have generally been happy with them.

Good luck and let us know what you go with.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
i got a 10mm TLE ii. i dont like the look of the rail and i got other hand guns for that purpose. what in particular did you want to know?
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dieselman] [#6]
I have a Kimber TLE II in 10mm. (Non railed version) After I bought it, I upgraded the firing pin stop to a non-radiused unit from EGW and installed a heavier recoil spring before even firing it.  These upgrades are said to keep the action in battery slightly longer to allow pressure to drop ever so slightly and reduce battering. Since then I have fired 100's of rounds of full power ammunition from Buffalo Bore, Underwood and my own handloads. There is no sign of unusual wear and tear on the pistol.

I'm not a big fan of Kimber 1911's, though I chose this gun because my research has shown that the Kimber ramped barrel has better chamber support than all the other 10mm 1911's that were on the market at the time.

This gun has fired mostly my own handloads of 180 gr XTP's and 180 gr HST's loaded to 1300fps. The HST's are my carry load and we're purchased as pulled bullets from RMR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

All in all, I have to recommend the gun. It has been flawless with full power ammo and is easy on brass.

Edit to add pics of barrel and chamber support

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Compare this chamber to support to other 10mm 1911's and you will see why I chose the Kimber.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
My Kimber 10mm works great. No issues.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edub] [#8]
I picked up a new TLE RL II in 10mm. Firing S&B FMJ, out of the first 50 rounds, 14 failures to feed out of 50.

How much "break in" is required?

FTF
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By edub:
I picked up a new TLE RL II in 10mm. Firing S&B FMJ, out of the first 50 rounds, 14 failures to feed out of 50.

How much "break in" is required?

FTF
View Quote
Did you just buy the S&B?  I read an article, I can’t remember what forum it was on, may have been the 10mm forum.  Guy said his gun ran 100% on S&B, he had just bought a fresh supply and now it was choking on the same ammo.  He tried it on other good ammo and it did fine.  He was asking about anyone having problems with new S&B.

I’ll see if I can find the thread.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Southrnshooter:

Did you just buy the S&B?  I read an article, I can’t remember what forum it was on, may have been the 10mm forum.  Guy said his gun ran 100% on S&B, he had just bought a fresh supply and now it was choking on the same ammo.  He tried it on other good ammo and it did fine.  He was asking about anyone having problems with new S&B.

I’ll see if I can find the thread.
View Quote
Thank you, it was fresh S&B, but I don't think it's the ammo. I just bought some american eagle and civil defense, along with some wilson mags. Just cycling the ammo through both mags, I hit the same problem.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By edub:

Thank you, it was fresh S&B, but I don't think it's the ammo. I just bought some american eagle and civil defense, along with some wilson mags. Just cycling the ammo through both mags, I hit the same problem.
View Quote
Man, sorry to hear that.  Here’s that thread, lol.  It was from here.  Sellier and Bellot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top