Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2017 2:16:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guyanaman1963]
I have a Kimber SIS Ultra .45 that I am thinking of selling. It is in mint condition with approx. 500 rounds through it.
I'm looking for advise on what to do, should I keep it or sell it? I have an offer of $1200.00, but since it seems hard to get, Is it worth keeping? Any ideas on What's it's worth?
I can't figure out how to upload pics.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you like it?  Can you shoot it?  Do you need to sell it?  Would you be happier with 2 or 3 of something else?  I would keep it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you keep,it?

It's a nice gun that's true one handed operation. The finish is awesome and it shoots fantastic.
I dont need to sell it, but I could use the money for something else on my Harley.
With that said, I have a few Kimbers and was contemplating selling the SIS, but it appears to be a rare bird, so I was looking for opinions.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
all the reasons that you stated to keep it but I don't need the cash.  Not to be a smart a$$ but it is a nice piece and cash is easier to find.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I was looking for, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a full size SIS last week and went home with out it . I was going to look again but went to a different shop , I have 5 1911 guns now so I still did not go and get it . I think it was mid 800 to 900 range .
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love an SIS.  Hard to find these days.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I still kick myself to this day, over a missed opportunity on a full size SIS.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By guyanaman1963:
I have a Kimber SIS Ultra .45 that I am thinking of selling. It is in mint condition with approx. 500 rounds through it.
I'm looking for advise on what to do, should I keep it or sell it? I have an offer of $1200.00, but since it seems hard to get, Is it worth keeping? Any ideas on What's it's worth?
I can't figure out how to upload pics.
View Quote
Given the choice personally, I would take the $1200.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tctlrld:

Given the choice personally, I would take the $1200.
View Quote
Agreed.... The SIS is harder to find but not in the top of the chain of desired Kimber pistols.  I would rather have a Warrior long before I would have any desire for an SIS.  The SIS was more a marketing gimmick to sell pistols that were no better or worse than equivalent Kimber pistols.  I would have taken the 1200 and laughed all the way to the bank especially on any Kimber pistol l that is not govt size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top