Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2017 3:19:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't get to shoot but fondled one. Lighter than I expected and seemed well built. Action was smooth and reasonably light. Did not point naturally for me, wants to point way high in my hand. Was going for about $700.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a review on here but it was a week or so ago.

I wouldn't waste my time with the so called "search engine" on this site so good luck.
Google may be the best bet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:03:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Unkydon] [#3]
Just picked one up the other day. I have to say it shot great. Consistently shot sub 2" groups at seven yds.

The trigger is excellent.

While I have only fired 50 rds I have yet to find anything I don't like about it (besides the price).

ETA: Update on Kmber K6s.

Took the K6s back to range today and had some short stroke problems firing fiocchi 147 gr 357's at a 3/4 second cadence. (yesterday was slow fire 38 specials)

upon further inspecction I discovered that if you carefully listen to the reset of the K6s you can hear 3 distinct clicks as the trigger goes through the reset stroke.

If you try to re-engage the trigger after the first click (most pronounced) the trigger locks and will not move forward and cylinder does not begin to rotate.

If you start the trigger stroke after the second click you will get a full stroke and cylinder rotation but no hammer strike.

Once the trigger passes through the third click the trigger is completely reset and normal trigger function is achieved.

I discovered this issue during my first box of 357 loads.

I have 30 years experience shooting revolvers and have experienced many short stroke issues with Smiths etc. But none like this. The problem to me and another experienced shooter is that the feel of the first click of the reset is the most noticeable and the one that causes you to want to begin the next shot.

Also of note is that the last click of the reset is almost exactly at the end of the full forward stroke of the trigger.

Sure it can be remedied with training / learning but in a stressful fire situation I would not field this revolver until this was resolved.

It is a shame too. This is the most accurate snub nose revolver I have ever owned. Everything else about this gun is excellent. The DA trigger pull itself is outstanding once the reset is complete. The feel of the gun is excellent. It does not beat you up with 357 loads and it shoots point of aim out of the box. My opinion is that this is a very nice gun with one problem.

Hoping Kimber has a resolution for this issue as I really like the gun. But for now it is just a range toy.

Groups below are 7 yd six round groups.

Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Unkydon] [#4]
Went out and shot the K6s again and had two other shooters experience the same issue.

Then one more shooter tried it and had no problems.

I then shot it and it was no longer freezing up as before.

One of the original shooters that noticed the problem also was able to get through several cylinders without a trigger problem.

Not sure what to think now.

I do have an RMA# to send it back for Kimber to look at and they were very helpful and eager to work with my LGS to resolve the issue.

Updates as soon as I know more.

To be very clear. This is an excellent shooting revolver in terms of fit, finish, feel, accuracy, and trigger... when it does not have a hiccup.

ETA: Have fired another 200 rds of 357 from the K6s. The trigger issue is happening with less frequency.

Not sure what to think. The same shooters who shot it before have noticed that t he problem is resolving.

I am reluctant to return to Kimber (only because I hate to go through the trouble) but will probably do so anyway just so they can either learn something or teach me something.

ETA:The revolver has been sent to Kimber. I will update upon it's return.

ETA: Revolver returned from Kimber, stated it was in spec and no action taken.

Revolver fired again by two more individuals same problem continues. Revolver returned to Kimber again with further notes.

Stay tuned for updates.

ETA: The revolver was once again returned rather quickly from Kimber. They got it on the 12th and they shipped it back on the 19th.

This time they replaced the crane screw, side plate screw, barrel, firing pin bushing and firing pin.

They also tested it with 18 rounds of Buffalo Bore 158 gr SJHP .357.

So far the trigger feels great and the trigger reset feels different.

I have run a box of .38 and a half box of .357 through it and have not experienced any trigger problems.

I will put a couple hundred rounds of .357 through it and report back later.

One note is that point of impact has changed 2" right and 2" low where before it was point of aim. To me that is a non issue as it can be easily adjusted.

So far I am pleased.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one .... great shooter .... sweet trigger pull that smooths out the more you shoot
It.

125 gr .357 jhps are the perfect load for it

A little more bulky than a j frame , but I like it doesn’t
Have a lock, has one more round , and being a little heavier
It soaks up the recoil a little better
(Doesn’t feel like I’m hitting my hand with a hammer )
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Love mine shoots great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top