Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2016 3:15:45 AM EDT
I have a k6s preoredred at my lgs, and they were told a ship date late summer, and nothing yet. Can anyone "in the know" confirm a release date?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
A reply I received from a Kimber rep on August 10th.

Hello,

We just started shipping K6s model 3400002's in very small quantities about 2 weeks ago.  This is very good news as until two weeks ago we were looking at not starting to ship any K6s models until late 4th Quarter 2016.  The K6s will continue to ship out very slowly as the production time for this model takes much longer to build than a 1911.  We will continue to ship small quantities everyday but our backorders will take some time to work through.  The amount of hand work that goes into this model is closer to a custom revolver than a production revolver.  

I hope this has helped answer your question?

Have a good one!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]
They give you any kind of lead time at all?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:
They give you any kind of lead time at all?
View Quote

No. It all depends on when your dealer placed his order.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Any updates on this? I am interested in this but it seems like a myth around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top