Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:10:18 AM EDT
One of the local auction houses handles firearms that are police trade-ins or seized and no longer needed for evidence.  Two weeks ago I was perusing their site and spotted two full size Kimbers mixed in with the Hi Points and Lorcins.  A couple of clicks and then a few days waiting for the auction to end....

Here are the two rescue guns with my other Kimbers:

Some cleaning and a quick Brownells shipment, and here is the new family photo:

All 4 are Series 1....not a Schwartz in the lot.  

The bonus:  

Only 1 of the new ones is a Clackamas.  The other is a Yonkers but with a 111xx serial number.  Still pretty early.  

I made a quick range trip over the weekend to try them out.  The early Yonkers gun runs like a sewing machine, but the Clackamas gun had 3 failures to chamber and needs the extractor tuned.  I'll give Nelson Ford a call later this week and see how long it will take for a pair of trigger and reliability jobs.  

Hopefully none of you were the other people bidding  
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice score! Love my series 1 Kimbers. Have one Clack myself that is a tack driver.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Do all cities have these? How would I go about knowing whether that is the case?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
One citys junk and all.  nice score!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Great find! I have 3 clacks and they are perfect. If you don't mind, what did you pay? My last one ran me $800 after shipping and FFL fees...

V
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top