Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 11:56:06 AM EDT
I bought this for my wife, she loves the look.  First trip to the range it failed to lock back on the last round 50% of the time.  This could either be weak ammo (UMP) weak wrist or a bad magazine.

Range again today, just me, three different magazines, 6 different types of ammo,

Failures to feed HP, failures to lock back,  bad  bad bad ...

I am disappointed, but we will shop for a new gun for her.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
clean it and oil it good, these pistols are tight and don't like to be run dry .wife has a few  micro's and haven't had a single issue with any of them with multiple brands of ammo and several factory mags flush and extended. don't throw in the towel after only two trips to the range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
we'll give it another go after cleaning and oiling then.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
clean it and oil it good, these pistols are tight and don't like to be run dry .wife has a few  micro's and haven't had a single issue with any of them with multiple brands of ammo and several factory mags flush and extended. don't throw in the towel after only two trips to the range.
View Quote

Great suggestion.

May want to check with manufacturer and check recoil spring strength.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Kimbers, even the Micro Kimbers, like to run wet, like all 1911s.  Make sure it is adequately lubed and run it with full power ammo.

My Kimber Micro has been relentlessly reliable for about 1000 rounds now, and for a small and light .380 the delayed locking system of the 1911 makes the recoil very pleasant compared to a blow back .380.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, failed again.

Cleaned and lubed it liberally,  First magazine did lock back ... but from then on, no lock backs on the last round and two FTE's.  Should I bother with sending it to Kimber or just trade it in and move on?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If it is in fact a defective Kimber than trading it off may solve you problem.

However, if it's a shooter induced problem trading the gun isn't the solution.

I'd send it back to Kimber.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
sent it to kimber and let them look at it. if you just trade it off , buy something else and end up with the same issue then you will never know if there was actually anything wrong with it or not. If it does indeed have an issue kimber will take care of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top