Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2016 1:00:11 PM EDT
I was looking at replacing my recoil spring with a Wilson Flat spring. Just seeing if anyone has any experience with them and what they thought.

Thks
Steven
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Two of my 1911's have the no issues.  I hear they last longer than round springs but I have not been able to afford to shoot enough 45 lately to attempt to wear them out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thks for that info. I understand.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
If your barrel is 4" or shorter, absolutely go for the flat spring kit. It is the best upgrade you can do for the money.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a used Tactical Pro II, I thought it felt a little easy to rack the slide, and I had one jam in the first 100 rounds. Following some advice from the Kimber forum I got one of the Wilson combat springs and popped it in, another 300 round later, not one jam, feels great.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a Pro TLE/RL II that was unfired but I replaced the RSA with the Wilson unit after reading the recommendations on another forum. It is heads and tails above the stock unit as far as smoothness during hand cycling. Only have 300 rds through the gun thus far but the oft heard of initial break-in failures never materialized. FWIW it is a beautiful and extremely accurate gun that has replaced my G19 bedside with a CMC 10+ mag and TLR-1 HT. I also put VZ ETC Frag grips in dirty olive on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top