Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2016 11:16:59 PM EDT
I finally got to take my first handgun(my first as in my own personal) out to shoot today and brought with me 100 rounds of hpr and 100 of winchester white box. first let me start with this, the recoil impulse is intense but I am pleasantly surprised how controllable it is. Ive had people tell me I couldn't last the 200 rounds as a new handgun shooter without accuracy faltering, well the kimber is very accurate from what i have witnessed so far, at 7-12 yards(i know not very far) i can easily make clovers. And now lets talk about reliability... my wonderful little cannon ate all 200 rounds without a hiccup. When i finished all the rounds I was ecstatic the weapon performed flawlessly. Take this as one experience but I am excited for more range trips to come
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine used. I have also had very good luck with accuracy and reliability as well. I poster earlier that i had some nasty reloads with dirty brass and flat point semi wad cutters and it did fine. Hollowpoints shot well too. My daughter loves it and she is a new shooter. she has no problem with the recoil. Personally, I find it snappy but not bad for a 3" barrel. It seems similar to the .40 cal recoil. Congrats on your purchase.
BTW, Kimber had a pretty good deal on tritium night sights going. I sent them my slide and they installed them very reasonable. It was about a 10 day turn around with the shipping and all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top